Basket case ‘94 K2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I lucked out. Gave $1K for it in a sea of $1,500+ NV4500s without the t case.

Finished up valve seals and cleaned the heads. Going to push some oil through the whole system tomorrow to clean it out.

Put a lot of air to the cylinders and dried them out. I added 1qt of oil to a spray bottle and misted them via spark plug hole. Rotated everything and now it’s got a good coating on it.

Intake is at my place for cleaning and paint. Gotta do valve covers still. Oh and need to work a solid 12x5 this week. Works been going pretty bad. If my loans were paid off I’d probably bounce.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Set valve lash tonight. Need to get it sealed up by Friday PM so we can go to Jefferson Swap Meet. Thats our goal.

Struggling with the oil pump. I suspect I’m just stupid.

Once the pan is on we are going to push a ton of oil through the thing to clean it. When it’s in the truck I’ll run coolant passage cleaner through it and drain/refill.
You must be registered for see images attach

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good progress! What’s wrong with the oil pump?
Ope ya saw the thread. To get it to clear the pan you’ve got to have it at a crazy angle. If it is flat it is too close to the bottom even with the gasket. I don’t want to risk sucking air or having it hum.

5qt should be here Thursday and my friend will tack weld the pickup to the pump. I pressed it in and then moved it some to get some better ideas on fitment.