Current best steering box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one here. Will need longer bolts and some spacers to clear the box.

I did one on my Dodge Ram and it's night and day different. Ram uses the same box as these.
What part part for a Delphi/Silverado?
New, remanufactured or…?

Grendel

Reaction score
What part part for a Delphi/Silverado?
New, remanufactured or…?
It's from a 2013 Chevy C4500 cut away van - you can see that they have that little smiley on the box.

You can find them both new and reman. from a variety of C and K trucks.

I am thinking I may go with all of this linkage, it's bigger and looks like less bump steer.

Attachments

• IMG_9135.jpg
    IMG_9135.jpg
    506.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9136.jpg
    IMG_9136.jpg
    426.1 KB · Views: 15

jd33173

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My steering was waaaay sloppy. Replaced my steering shaft and rag joint w Borgeson parts. Got a lot better. Swapped my leaking ps pump and hoses immediately started leaking at the clamps. Went to fuel injector clamps(recommended by somebody on this truly excellent forum), fixed that, steering box promptly started vomiting ps fluid from all seals. Last weekend I installed a new Borgeson quick ratio steering box(about $500 from summit racing iirc and built in Connecticut) and a pitman arm (which was the last piece of my mevotech kit that i had not installed yet). Steering like a laser.

Last edited:

Pollo Dustino

Reaction score
Do you have part numbers for your Mevotech stuff? I have a Borgeson box I want to install and want to upgrade all the steering components at the same time, plus control arms and ball joints.

Thanks.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have installed 2 Oreilly Masterpro steering gear boxes in the past 2 years. One on the 97 van and one on the 87. Both function like new. They were $120 each on a commercial account as well.

dfarr67

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's from a 2013 Chevy C4500 cut away van - you can see that they have that little smiley on the box.

You can find them both new and reman. from a variety of C and K trucks.

I am thinking I may go with all of this linkage, it's bigger and looks like less bump steer.
I finally got a used unit- hope it fits. My reading pointed me to: 2000-2005 Tahoe/Yukon Z71 box that is a heavier unit than the regular 1/2 tons with a 4 bolt input cover vs the three bolt cover, and a little different steering ratio. Anything newer than 2005 they changed the output spline count from 33 to 34...? If you wanted to reuse the oe pitman arm. I also got the three bolt to go with it.