LED Gauge Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my cluster ones are the single led ones. normal length i guess. want something brighter for sure. dont know which to go with yet keep readiong differnt things

Both of the 74 and 161 are single led(atleast the wled-x is), the 161 is a shorter bulb height, look at the pics, the 74's mount is elongated, it places the led further out(further into the cluster, closer to gauge face).

Stroker52, I want to say that your's will be same as mine were, but you will have to check your current bulbs, bigbluebus is saying twistlock in 96, my 96 has same as 95 though, so they must have used both types in the dashes, maybe like a conversion period where they slowly changed to t1.5's.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im not for sure on the year but mine being a 95 is weird idk when they transitiond exactly. the ac ones were long maybe why they light up good. cluster is dim the the cheapest blue 194 they sell 120 angle

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See, my 95 is opposite, cluster bulbs were long and ac was short.....transition period? Sounds like they just used what they grabbed outta the parts bins. inny-minny-miney-moe!

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
best and worst part about the gmt400s.... easy as hell to take the dash off... but your **** can get jacked quicker than a 16yr old fat kid gettin off to brianna banks

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
??????????????????????????????????????? anyone

Any of the 194-style wedge bases will work for the gauges and courtesy lights. I used the HP5s in my gauges. At $6 each, you'll spend a TON of money if that's what you elect to use in the courtesy and license plate lights, though, and I think the HP5s (or any of the HPs for that matter) might be overkill in those applications. I just have the normal WLED-x5s in my under dash lights and the WLED-x6 in the doors and license plate lights.

And yes, the T1.5 for the HVAC.