LED Gauge Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's the truck in your sig, and you're wanting the tubular looking bulb(dome light), the bulb is a type 2112. If it's the little slotted plugin, it's a 74(also known as 168). If it's the circular plug-in, it's the 1003.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
does anyone know what HD bulb goes in the gauge cluster and HVAC on a 96 truck also the doors an under the dash??? can someone post a link to them thanks

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
does anyone know what HD bulb goes in the gauge cluster and HVAC on a 96 truck also the doors an under the dash??? can someone post a link to them thanks

Check here: www.rockauto.com it'll be under the 'electrical' section in 'lamp & socket'. If it has same as mine(1995), it will be the 74 or 168 in those locations. Both model number bulbs have the same plug-in. But, you might check just to confirm them.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i was looking for the ones on super bright web site and cantseem to find the ones im looking for... fixing to order tonight help please!!!

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was looking for the ones on super bright web site and cantseem to find the ones im looking for... fixing to order tonight help please!!!

If you get the stock bulb types, you can email them and ask if they stock that configuration.

96 ya say? Let me find you the link.

This is the general bulb type: http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=/mini-wedge.html

It's the single LED bulbs, WLED-x: http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=/specs/WLED-x.htm <-standard length bulb, in mine it's the HVAC bulbs.
Extended length: http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=/specs/74-x.html in mine, these are the cluster bulbs.

Also, what did you mean by HD bulb? They have 2 types available, regular and high power. Also, ya gotta remember to order the correct length of bulb, the 161 is a standard length and the 74 is an extended length bulb(protrudes further into cluster). My 96 had the 74-style in cluster and 161-style(same as 168, 194, etc) in HVAC, same as my 95, so maybe your's has the same. I'd like to hear southern pride chime in on what socket type his were.

Last edited:

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
96 should be swist lock t1.5 i think or w.e idk mine being a 95 i have wired ones with sockets so i have 74x blue in my ac. nice and bright. need to get better ones for guages have single led but not bright enough for me. gonna try the 4s or 5 idk which to pic. we put 5s in my friends and they didnt fit too well but he has a nbs so idk

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
96 should be swist lock t1.5 i think or w.e idk mine being a 95 i have wired ones with sockets so i have 74x blue in my ac. nice and bright. need to get better ones for guages have single led but not bright enough for me. gonna try the 4s or 5 idk which to pic. we put 5s in my friends and they didnt fit too well but he has a nbs so idk

yeah, the t1.5 is i believe the mounting type, 95 is an oddball isnt it haha, know how ya feel with that. When you got your's for the cluster, did you get the standard length bulbs or the extended length? The extended length type puts the led closer to the gauge face.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah i want the high power bulbs... nice and bright!!! i like the look of 1badgmc burb... but i dont want to have to grind or vutto make them fit... i like the bright white with a light blue tint...

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah, the t1.5 is i believe the mounting type, 95 is an oddball isnt it haha, know how ya feel with that. When you got your's for the cluster, did you get the standard length bulbs or the extended length? The extended length type puts the led closer to the gauge face.

my cluster ones are the single led ones. normal length i guess. want something brighter for sure. dont know which to go with yet keep readiong differnt things