LED Gauge Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you look at a Kelvin scale, it's hard to see how pink can be considered 15,000K.

You must be registered for see images attach

But no matter what color they actually turn out to be, 12,000, 15,000, 18,000K...nothing short of retarded if you're driving with them on the streets at night.

Yeah, driving downtown with them on is annoying....but usually on big 4-lanes or limited access roads they're ok because of the distance between you and the oncoming lanes. But sometimes you still see someone driving with either badly aligned housings or wide beam headlights and even if they're halogens, they'll still blind the hell outta ya when they hit your windshield. I agree your kelvin scale doesn't make sense when compared to HIDs....that or the HIDs don't make sense haha. Either way, the "blues" I ended up with are remarkably not very glaring atall....but they aren't bright for **** either. I think I'll stick with the whites.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Either way, the "blues" I ended up with are remarkably not very glaring atall....but they aren't bright for **** either.

Oh, they're plenty bright I'm sure, but they're so far into the blue spectrum that most of the light they put out is wasted because the human eye doesn't see it. That's why they don't glare also.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea the further up you go with hid's the more color you see but you actually get less light output and Im pretty sure anything over 6000k actually has less light output than a stock halogen. I always go with the 6000k anyways looks the best imo brightest white with just a slight tint of blue.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So 6000k is the actual brightest? Crap, I ordered the 4500k thinking that was supposed to be brightest; they're definitely easier to see with than halogens though.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no no no the 4500 will be brighter! I just meant for color wise the brightest with the white/barely blue color is 6000 i think 4500 is closer to stock color but is actually much brighter! The higher the K value the more color but the less actual light output you get.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
for those who have replaced the door switches with leds which did yall go with? the normal or high power ones from sbl? got blue guages now and cool white in the doors. want all the dash and door lights blue the rest are going to be white.

jdixon74

Reaction score
for those who have replaced the door switches with leds which did yall go with? the normal or high power ones from sbl? got blue guages now and cool white in the doors. want all the dash and door lights blue the rest are going to be white.

I just went with the 120 degree WLEDx bulbs for the door as they are very bright. The bulb sits so close to the clear lense it won't matter what you get.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

97_chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
could someone post the link where you could order i cant seem to find the cart i found the bulb but my labtop doesnt let me get to the cart to buy

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
anybody know what size the festoon bulb is for the courtesy light on the cab roof? on a reg cab