LED Gauge Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you do know that the polarity of the led matters so if you put them in and they dont work you need to flip the led around and then they should work

I agree, they ARE polarized....if they still don't work, give me the napa part number for them and I'll go grab a few and make them work. Talked my cousin into soldering some resistors to the bulk packs of leds I got and they work GREAT! Of course they're all green....(green c1500, green tacoma, i gotz lotsa spares lol)

Also, if you decide to do LED turn signal bulbs, you MUST replace your turn signal flasher with an electronic one. If your turn signal and emergency flasher are the same piece like the 96+, then I can't tell you the part number, but if it's separate like the 95(and possibly previous years), then the part number is EP35 and can be purchased from most auto parts stores, got mine from advance for $13. If you're having problems finding it, mine was located up in the dash near the gauge cluster to the passenger side of the steering column close to the radio bay, it's not fastened to anything either, just tucked up in there. The wires were long enough that the socket reached the bottom of the dash and made for an easy change-out. Also got my 18000k and 4500k bulbs in........those 18's look bad ***!!!

Last edited:

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
18s? the wheels on my 95? ....but i did run into a problem today. In my 97 i have the spot light type map lights in the overhead console and i couldnt get my leds to work.. interestingly enough i tryed my 25 led 194 bulbs i use in the underdash floor lights and just touching them to the contacts they would work but my 7 bulb led lights wouldnt so i am straight confused. I could swap the two under the dash and they would both work but when i tryed the 7 led bulb 194s in the map lights they wouldnt work even when id switch witch way they were in? makes no damn sense. fml

Oh and guess what!?! I started to color match some of my interior today woo woo!

Last edited:

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you do know that the polarity of the led matters so if you put them in and they dont work you need to flip the led around and then they should work
Yeah I know. Trust me I flipped each one and the twistlocks too. Every kind of way you could imagine. Either I ruined the twistlocks by ripping out the reg bulbs that come with them that are a ***** to get out, or I need to move the contacts on the LED to work with the twistlocks some kind of way but I shouldn't have to do all that. Brand new of both should just freaking work :imo:

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the twistlocks require you to move the wire-style contacts of the LED to a position so they DON'T get shifted off-contact when you twist them to lock. I noticed that on mine.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ahh lol 18000k headlights? they make those? They must be pink as hell if they do lol

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see what you mean, got these off ebay and although listed as 18000k, they turned out royal blue........guy in town showed me 15000k and THEY are somewhat pink. He said mine weren't 18000k, but more like 12-14000k So I either got the wrong bulbs, or the wrong seller : /

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I admit I know next to nothing about the different colors of HID, I just know I'd found some I'd never heard of and had to try them out. Bulbs were cheap so not worth sending them back. How the hell do places ship things for that cheap is what I wanna know!!! Return postage was gonna be almost as much as I paid for them with shipping....s/h was listed as $1 on the bulbs which cost $2/each. Cheapest possible was USPS Media Mail(which isn't plausible, but good for this example) and the s/h for a package that size was going to be $4.80.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When you look at a Kelvin scale, it's hard to see how pink can be considered 15,000K.

You must be registered for see images attach

But no matter what color they actually turn out to be, 12,000, 15,000, 18,000K...nothing short of retarded if you're driving with them on the streets at night.