Hunter's 97 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
lol, how did you do the 6 lug conversion

sorry i missed this question, got caught up in a later post!

i think he put a 4x4 rearend under it, and then swapped rotors with the 6 lug heavy duty rotors. I could be wrong tho.

correct!

Think you'd have to do more then just rotors no? or is it like a hub/rotor

nope, just rotors.

Dang man came out awesome... now i have an identical twin haha... been absent here lately but truck looks sick, like the tires you went with man.

Thanks!!! and i am so glad i had your truck to go off of because i knew what mine would look like! i love the tires so far. they are quiet and smooth esp for a load E range. they do pick up rocks but thats to be expected with all terrains.

those will work!

I do believe you can use a 2wd 3/4 ton rotor. as long as its the light duty 3/4 ton it should have the same spindle shaft size. autozone has them i just looked on their site.
beat me to it. yes I do believe so.

Correct

Hmm. Then gotta find a rear end.. which is kinda hard because i can't find any at a short glance.

Just know that a 4x4 rearend will be 3in wider than the 2wd. so if your not planning on putting spindles on the front a set of 1.5in wheel spacers would have to be put on the front to match the rear. if you want to do this and have any questions ill be more than happy to answer them!

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a lifted 2WD. People do it all the time because they don't need a 4x4. Also, people lower 4x4's but don't ever get bashed on.

Exactly i actually think its better to lift a 2wd than have a huge lifted "pretty" 4wd that never sees mud!

^ Very true. He can do whatever he wants with his truck you guys, do you like it when people make rude comments on what you do? Right, you don't, then don't do it back. Simple...this is a great forum and it doesn't need to turn into one of those bashing forums that I always delete my account from.

Yes this is a GREAT forum and I really hope it stays that way. But everyone has there own opinion, it doesn't bother me one bit cause I love my truck!!

speaking of deleting accounts, I have one with gmfullsize and I want to delete it. How do i do that?

i wouldn't worry about it. just never go back. i like to go over there and laugh at the crazy looking trucks though! but i don't post on how ridiculous they all look!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Never been to gmfs, but I hate fsc

You won't like any other forum. I'm on gmfullsize and I still havn't gotten my question answered over there. and gmtruckclub is similar vto gmt400 with a little facebook mixed in

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Haha I wish I could man!!! I Just spent all mine! I do believe my wife will shoot me if I spend much more! Lol or especially give it away! Haha