Hunter's 97 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Why? Because he has a nice truck that he likes an really doesn't need the 4wd (I guess) the decrease in fuel mileage or the extra maintenance or expense of buying a totally new truck with hidden problems he won't know about.

The same argument can be made for lowering one or any other modification we do to our trucks.....

Hell I'm wishing I'd have got a 2wd now because the 4wd cost so much to lift an I really have no need for the 4wd either.

Ummmm check his sig...he has a 4wd with 37s under it. He built this one to have a fun truck without the poor fuel milage of driving his 4wd daily

Powered by Detroit Diesel

Thanks guys but i don't even want to get into a big argument on "why did you lift a 2wd" i know why and thats all that matters. so all i got to say is....

Why not buy a real 4wd? Waste of money!

You must be registered for see images attach

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
First off, its Hunters truck, so he can do what he wants to it. If he wanted a 4wd, he'd just drive his 94 z71. Just because he wanted to customize his 2wd and didn't want to lower it don't mean its stupid or a waste. I personally see nothing wrong with a liffted 2wd. Ain't this what this site is about, customizing your trucks??

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
First off, its Hunters truck, so he can do what he wants to it. If he wanted a 4wd, he'd just drive his 94 z71. Just because he wanted to customize his 2wd and didn't want to lower it don't mean its stupid or a waste. I personally see nothing wrong with a liffted 2wd. Ain't this what this site is about, customizing your trucks??

Thanks Tim, I know I've said this in another thread but my mom gave me this truck right before she passed away and she bought it almost new. So I will never get rid of it. That being said, I wanted it to look like a 4x4 but I don't need it to be one! And I think I did a pretty good job at it! And Even if this truck was 4wd I would never put it in mud, that's what the 94 is for! So with that being said. I really don't care if ppl don't like the lifted 2wd look, damn the haters! I doesnt bother me, this is actually my 2nd lifted 2wd, and I use to get ridiculed about my jeep also!

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
I like it, and I've considered lifting my 2wd also. I'm sorry about your mom, but its awesome to have the truck to remember her by. Like you said, don't let them hating get to you bro.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a lifted 2WD. People do it all the time because they don't need a 4x4. Also, people lower 4x4's but don't ever get bashed on.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
^ Very true. He can do whatever he wants with his truck you guys, do you like it when people make rude comments on what you do? Right, you don't, then don't do it back. Simple...this is a great forum and it doesn't need to turn into one of those bashing forums that I always delete my account from.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
^ Very true. He can do whatever he wants with his truck you guys, do you like it when people make rude comments on what you do? Right, you don't, then don't do it back. Simple...this is a great forum and it doesn't need to turn into one of those bashing forums that I always delete my account from.

speaking of deleting accounts, I have one with gmfullsize and I want to delete it. How do i do that?