Ghost in the machine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would be very tempted to try and put one of these in place of the a sock radio in a 88-94 but it is very expensive because it for marine and power sports https://www.kicker.com/46KMC5
I thought about that too, putting it in place of the radio location in my 91. But definitely price was a factor. Even the smaller circle type ones are pricey, and don't play CDs.

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I thought about that too, putting it in place of the radio location in my 91. But definitely price was a factor. Even the smaller circle type ones are pricey, and don't play CDs.
agree all though I would rather play a usb or stream not against cds but not high on my got to have it list I really want to play with one of these I know it no where near as good as a kenwood but if it actually dose what it say it can not be that bad https://www.ebay.com/itm/2251048794...rooWBTXlQAuT6r31CLtrNDYS0g==|tkp:BFBMnJreqbBk

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a hell of a price!!!
It's amazing how affordable car audio gear has become. In comparison to everything else we buy, I can't believe it's usually cheaper than what I paid two decades ago for my stuff. Wild.
And CV isn't a crappy brand by a long shot. I'd give it a go

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I will say this I think most people here know I love CV the founder died in 2002 and the company broke up into home pro and car in resent time the car and pro merged and some time last year I think they got a hold of the home segment the stanton group and later gibson imho and others did nothing good for the home segment do not know who owned the pro and car segments now that all 3 are one again I would try it out if it sounds good and is quality and really is 5 volt pre-out that is good enough for me

kenh

"Sparkle someone else's eys"
Reaction score
WOW! If I was more of an audio guy I for sure would like to try one. I mean, for $65 how bad can it really be???? :eek: :oops:
I just don't want to waste the cash when that would go towards some new speakers. Did I mention I take a bath in oil every morning so I don't squeak taking my wallet out of my pocket.:)

Ken

kenh

"Sparkle someone else's eys"
Reaction score

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

These are what I run in my dash. Probably as cheap as I was comfortable running. They are ok just running off the deck. Not sure if I'll run them once amps get involved.

Anything cheaper than these would most likely be absolutely horrible.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score