Ghost in the machine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Kind of makes me sad that Pioneer doesn't seem to have anything that competes with those... I love my ancient DEH-P880PRS CD players in my '97s. They have all the bells and whistles including motorized face plates and I've had zero functional issues with them in almost 20 years.
What options does pioneer not have that you want? The ones I have in my trucks lack a CD player because I have no use for that anymore. But they have all the other bells and whistles. Hands free, Bluetooth, can control certain apps on your phone, usb, aux inputs I'm sure there's more that they can do but I just don't care enough because I don't use that function.

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
there is no new pioneers I would buy how ever here are some I would get used or old stock deh 80prs deh-x9600bhs deh-x8800bhs dex-p99rs there may be a few other but can not think of them

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
there is no new pioneers I would buy how ever here are some I would get used or old stock deh 80prs deh-x9600bhs deh-x8800bhs dex-p99rs there may be a few other but can not think of them

My DEH-P880PRS units were part of the old Pioneer Premier line and I love them. They've got some wild features that nothing produced today has at all.

They came with a calibration microphone and there's a procedure you can run from the menus that will automatically adjust the EQ and set time alignment. You set the mic up in your usual listening position, start the procedure, and it gives you a 10 second countdown to get out and shut all the doors. Then it pulses different tones and noise through each speaker for about 10 minutes and sets everything up. The auto EQ isn't perfect but does a really good job at managing resonant frequencies, and the auto time alignment is dead accurate. They're extremely versatile for different setups too, you can run a full active crossover network with no other equipment.

Last edited:

kenh

"Sparkle someone else's eys"
Reaction score
Well, I just got off a chat with Fox at Crutchfield. After a short discussion, he recommended a Kenwood, KMM-BT332U https://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KMBT332/Kenwood-KMM-BT332U.html?tp=5684
I'm not really looking at any major upgrades except maybe a small sub sometime in the future????? It looks like it will serve my needs. This is helping greatly with my decision making. The only rub is the installation kit does not have the red dash piece that I need. Those are available elsewhere so not a big deal. The adapter plug would be nice to have but I've wired stuff like this before and is not that big of a deal. Just a little time involved. And breathing solder fumes!! haha

Ken

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I just got off a chat with Fox at Crutchfield. After a short discussion, he recommended a Kenwood, KMM-BT332U https://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KMBT332/Kenwood-KMM-BT332U.html?tp=5684
I'm not really looking at any major upgrades except maybe a small sub sometime in the future????? It looks like it will serve my needs. This is helping greatly with my decision making. The only rub is the installation kit does not have the red dash piece that I need. Those are available elsewhere so not a big deal. The adapter plug would be nice to have but I've wired stuff like this before and is not that big of a deal. Just a little time involved. And breathing solder fumes!! haha

Ken
That looks exactly like mine without the CD player. Seems like a good little unit so far.
If you can't find a dash kit in your color, just source some SEM or Duplicolor paint that's as close as you can match. We won't judge too hard if it's off a hair.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I just got off a chat with Fox at Crutchfield. After a short discussion, he recommended a Kenwood, KMM-BT332U
That's exactly what I have in WCJr. I highly recommend getting decent speakers. Cheap Pyle 4x6s don't pair well with it. I have the Metra pocket that replaces the stereo controls in the instrument area, and that's where I clipped the microphone.

You must be registered for see images attach