dropped93 sierra build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Little disappointed you put that car before your truck.. lol Been following your build for a while. Anxious to see you get it done guy!

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
Thanks, and it's far from being riced out. It's all stock, slammed on a NICE set of wheels haha, stock exhaust also hahahah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
good! keep the civic that way.LOL tho it needs darker tint.... reminds me of my old 99civic. tho yours is a 96-98. best thing about the older ones is if you want to put a double din radio and electric ac heat controls its all plug and play besides just ONE WIRE for the defroster. buy the dash and ac/head section from a 99-00 and it will all bolt right into the firewall and plug right into main harness. beats the hell outta the manual heat controls that suck so much and the double din radio opening is really nice!
just keep the ride clean chrome to the minimum stock exhaust... well i do like the sound of a twin loop muffler they much nicer than fart cans but harder to tuck! i put one on my old 94civic which was a huge improvement over the fart can! not as raspy or as loud, its the only other muffler other than OEM that i would ever use again!
and if its not illegal in your state... ;) tint those taillights! they look great on black civics! i did mine several times and i liked the 99-00taillights with the lower clear section untinted. but for 96-98 id say tint the whole yellow . ;)
feel free to photobucket troll my old civic. it started out me going in the wrong direction.LOL but thats just cause i got the wheels dirt cheap!
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e250/addiction2bass/NEW 99 Civic EX/
my civics paint had a blue flake metalic in the black which looked great in the sun!!! so your blacks alittle different.

You must be registered for see images attach

IMO best thing about a civic is those so dam cheap and easy to make nice! i had my 99civic DONE FULLY within about 2years on my crappy check! rims suspension and stereo and alittle tweaking here and there and its good to go! kinda wish i still had the little thing. i ended up putting it back stock and traded it for my current truck. good trade for both of us!

few other civics i did. started out with a real riced out 94 blue civic. then a wrecked cheap 96civic. i want to find another cheap 96-00 wrecked civic coupe or hatchback to fix up someday. hell i have a full 99-00 dash already in my trailer hanging from the ceiling just waiting for anew home.LOL

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e250/addiction2bass/96 Civic DX/
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e250/addiction2bass/OLD 94 civic project/

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
Bumping my thread again. Things have been slow, made a little progress this week. In the last month I sold my 96 civic and bought a 2012 civic si. So things are kinda slow still. I did get my front bags in yesterday though
You must be registered for see images

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
there ya go.... did you cut down the bag bracket any? it looks alittle tall.
or maybe you just cut more frame side out than i did. of course thats my best side. i rushed my drivers side. and i havent notched for tie rods yet. my tires sitting hard on the stock inner fenders still ;) kinda lucked out my moog tie rods just barely clears the frame ;) eventually ill fix it all. notch frame and cut out inner fenders and replace with some wide tubs upfront! maybe next year

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
No I didn't do anything with the cups beside put them in haha. It almost looks like you bottom is taller than the top. My top cup is taller then the bottom cup. And there's still pieces that need to be cut on the frame so the control arms will lay all te way.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
i cut off what i think was 1/2inch or so of my top cups. i read in some sticky to trim the cup down to lay larger wheels so i just cut mine first thing ;) i love this plasma cutter i got off ebay worked great on this frame and such so far!
i trimmed it all around for the LCA. the front one had to have about 1/4-1/2inch more clearance, and the rear front tab had to be trimed abit to so the stock control arm would touch flat like that. if i want to go any lower id have to dehump the LCA as well.
my biggest problem with my truck is its a vortec and i got far to much crap under the hood to relocate and i just havent had the time or money to start cutting and moving stuff around since i want to keep everything under the hood since its my daily driver i cannt really have my truck down for to long :( you TBI guys dont know how easy ya got it for bagging a truck upfront ;) you just gotta move afew small things and you golden.LOL you only gotta get a tube style overflow tank, move battery an inch up and just move the washer fluid tank and blam... alittle snip here and alittle snip there and you layin frame.LOL

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
True true. I'm eventually gonna run mmw arms, so j probably won't trim the frame any yet. And my battery is already relocated to the bed so yeah.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
i would just go ahead and notch the little pieces. its very minor!
front lower just notch it up alittle like 1/4inch or so.

ps pay no attention to the old tie rods ;) those got replaced with new moogs soon after bagged!

i didnt get a picture of the lower rear front corner but it was only trimmed alittle to, its only the front section of the rear LCA brace you can see its not straight with the LCA so the lca actualy touches it. 1/4inch on the inner side of control arm can hold up the drop atleast twice as much actual drop.