Decided to build a garage. Now the fun begins.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just checking in - any update? I think you said the building was going up in December.
Thanks for asking. I figured it would be here during the first or second week of December, but haven’t yet heard from the building company when they plan to deliver it. I’ll give them a call this week to see what’s what.

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, a funny thing happened just before lunch.

After @BuiltToWork asked about the timing earlier today, the folks at Steel Buildings and Structures called to say they would like to deliver the building on December 7th, first thing in the morning. Which is three days after the slab is deemed to be cured. So as of now, they’re right on schedule.

There’s a little touch up work to do around the slab, mostly knocking down a few piles of dirt to make for easier access. I also need to order some silicone sealant to put down under the base rail, to minimize water and air infiltration.

Once the building’s up, I can order the bay doors, and start the wiring and digging the trench for the electrical service from the house. Plus decide on the width of the apron, and get that done.

It’s going to be busy around here for awhile.

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You gonna rent something to dig that trench yourself?
I wish that there was something we could rent to help trench the first 40 or so feet through the garden, but I don’t know what it would be. The garden is, as you can see, chock full of rocks.

We (my GF and I) will have to take up portions of the pathway so that we can hand dig a trench through the garden and out to the yard beyond. We’ll also have to figure out how best to fit the path pieces together again to finish the job.

You must be registered for see images attach

At that point the digging will proceed with a trencher, which will be provided (and probably operated) by the electrician.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wish that there was something we could rent to help trench the first 40 or so feet through the garden, but I don’t know what it would be. The garden is, as you can see, chock full of rocks.

We (my GF and I) will have to take up portions of the pathway so that we can hand dig a trench through the garden and out to the yard beyond. We’ll also have to figure out how best to fit the path pieces together again to finish the job.

You must be registered for see images attach

At that point the digging will proceed with a trencher, which will be provided (and probably operated) by the electrician.
Sometimes progress involves some destruction. lol

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm sure you'll experience the same satisfaction I did when all finished even if moving the garden is necessary. Still tickled mine is done and have power to it.

I just wish I had prepped for a bathroom or at least a wash sink as others have suggested to pee in. lmao

Last edited: