Can't find the right 4L60E Inspection Cover!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Still trying to hunt down this part and having difficulty. I know you told us you have a 1998 2x4 Suburban with 4L60E automatic transmission. Can you provide the part number for the bellhousing if you cannot see the part number on the flex plate cover? The part number of the bellhousing is typically on the back of the lump where the starter fits into the bellhousing.

If I can get that, I can probably hunt down the flex plate cover part and determine if it will fit my truck.
I’ll try to find it after work to confirm. I thought the link I posted was the part you needed

isd503

Reaction score
Thank you. The part you posted was a dust cover for a manual transmission. Automatic transmission cover has a hole on the left side (passenger) for the starter. If we both have automatic 4L60E transmissions and the same bellhousing (even though mine is 4x4 and yours is 2x4) the dust cover should fit mine too.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Still trying to hunt down this part and having difficulty. I know you told us you have a 1998 2x4 Suburban with 4L60E automatic transmission. Can you provide the part number for the bellhousing if you cannot see the part number on the flex plate cover? The part number of the bellhousing is typically on the back of the lump where the starter fits into the bellhousing.

If I can get that, I can probably hunt down the flex plate cover part and determine if it will fit my truck.
Here’s the part number 15723359

Attachments

• IMG_0848.jpeg
    IMG_0848.jpeg
    271.1 KB · Views: 4

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you. The part you posted was a dust cover for a manual transmission. Automatic transmission cover has a hole on the left side (passenger) for the starter. If we both have automatic 4L60E transmissions and the same bellhousing (even though mine is 4x4 and yours is 2x4) the dust cover should fit mine too.
The left and right sides of a vehicle are from the drivers point of view. So if you said the left mirror it will always be the driver's side.
So it's not the left passenger. The starter is on the right side.
It's standardized so everybody is on the same page. No confusion.