Power steering pump bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scornedlotus

Reaction score
Hello all so I apparently got to small of a belt for my truck snapping the power steering pump braket and going into autozone Napa and everywhere else they say they don't sell one. Any idea where I can get a power steering pump braket for a 5.7 1988 k2500 my buddy decided we'll I was at autozone buying a new braket to try and jb weld the old one didn't work
You must be registered for see images attach

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all so I apparently got to small of a belt for my truck snapping the power steering pump braket and going into autozone Napa and everywhere else they say they don't sell one. Any idea where I can get a power steering pump braket for a 5.7 1988 k2500 my buddy decided we'll I was at autozone buying a new braket to try and jb weld the old one didn't work
You must be registered for see images attach
Common problem. REAL welding might work. JB Weld is not going to.

Replacements are as close as a Treasure Yard that has similar trucks in inventory. Almost certainly discontinued by GM. No idea if SBC cars have that same bracket.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like Schurkey said, wrecking yard is your best bet. But any welding shop should be able to fix that up fairly easily for minimal expense, and probably beef it up a bit so it doesn't happen again.
Let us know how it goes.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Common problem. REAL welding might work. JB Weld is not going to.

Replacements are as close as a Treasure Yard that has similar trucks in inventory. Almost certainly discontinued by GM. No idea if SBC cars have that same bracket.
I think the TBI cars had a different AC compressor(maybe not) and they swapped the alternator and compressor to the opposite side, which may affect how a PS pump would hookup?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't let your JB weld friend help any more. You can look in the GM parts , but figure stuff that is not commonly replaced will no longer be supported by factory. Maybe after market , like NPD, or LMC, or just to get the factory part number. Your best bet is the treasure yard. 95 and earlier TBI. 96 and later Vortec. Apples with apples, oranges with oranges.

scornedlotus

Reaction score
Thank You everyone the trucks running like brand new now. Engine is in mint condition now Trans is fully functional, transfer case has brand new fluid working great rear diff and front diff are flushed and refilled the truck acts like it just left the show room floor now to work on the cosmetics and get her looking like she just rolled of the show room floor, the power steering pump bracket has been welded and reinforce with sheet metal on the front and back after welding the bracket itself back together. Belt has been upgraded to a bigger belt. If there's any other things anyone can think of that I may need to refresh before calling it good would be awesome.

Quick refresh
Fule regulator brand new.
Fule filter brand new.
Spark plugs new.
Distributor cap new.
Rotor new.
Plug wires brand new.
Valve cover gaskets brand new.
Thermostat brand new.
Oil and filter new.
Trans fluid new.
Transfer case atf new.
Rear and front diff oil with lube gaurd new.

I don't know why but it feels like there's a couple things missing from this list. If any of you know what I'm missing for a full refresh on the trucks would be nice what's listed here for this 2500 I've also done with the spare 2500 I git as a parts truck that turned into a second truck that works great the guy failed on doing his tune up and I corrected it