Bagged and bodied 99 c3500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No need, they can't run without a ground, and the master switch interrupts the ground.
Let me back up a bit because I confused myself. In your first response when we were talking just about the switches, you said relay and the only place I thought I was running relays was for the compressors, do I need to run the switches to a relay as well?

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me back up a bit because I confused myself. In your first response when we were talking just about the switches, you said relay and the only place I thought I was running relays was for the compressors, do I need to run the switches to a relay as well?
No. Just the compressors. Follow the diagram you posted, but substitute a constant hot for the ignition hot. You'll interrupt the compressor circuit with a switched ground.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here we go.
Any tips or words of wisdom before I start tearing into the front?

You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
It's a good time to do new ball joints, tie rod ends and such.
Yep! If you're replacing most of it, just go ahead and replace all of it. I already knew better and I'm re-learning the hard way.

2x, and those rotors are Heavy!
Real back-breakers. And worse yet, while throwing around these Raybestos rotors I got for the '93, cleaning all the shipping oil off them and getting the machining chips(!!!) out of the bearing area, the inside edge of the rotor faces are SHARP. Right where you'd grip them with your finger tips to lift them or turn them over during cleaning.

I got new ball joints with the arms, but all the other rubber looks pretty beat down in here.
Go ahead and start filling out that parts order so you don't have to go in there again, and again. Oh, and don't forget the alignment knockouts if they're still in place, and most likely some, or all of them are.

Richard

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep! If you're replacing most of it, just go ahead and replace all of it. I already knew better and I'm re-learning the hard way.

Real back-breakers. And worse yet, while throwing around these Raybestos rotors I got for the '93, cleaning all the shipping oil off them and getting the machining chips(!!!) out of the bearing area, the inside edge of the rotor faces are SHARP. Right where you'd grip them with your finger tips to lift them or turn them over during cleaning.

Go ahead and start filling out that parts order so you don't have to go in there again, and again. Oh, and don't forget the alignment knockouts if they're still in place, and most likely some, or all of them are.

Richard
What are the alignment knockouts?