Bagged and bodied 99 c3500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The front arms connecting the axle shouldn’t have any effect on the bag mounts. The cantilever being heavier in the rear would cause the bag to feel a bit softer. It would be trying to pull the axle up, which is working against the bag. I don’t see it being an issue, it probably won’t even be noticeable. The only issue I do see is since the links connecting the cantilever to the axle are so close together. The rear of the truck will sway a lot without a sway bar. I didn’t know if you plan on running one but I think it will be required.
I wasn't planning on it, I was under the impression with the forward links I wouldn't need anything else.
Where would you mount the sway bar

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have zero experience building baggers, so take that into account.

I'm just thinking that you need the lower mount on that airbag to be able to tilt in parallel with that arm. The way that arm folds the top of the bag over worries me.

Honestly, all the geometry of that setup worries me. The downlinks from those arms down to the axle start perpendicular, but quickly fold under, robbing a lot of your height gain. Is there a legit reason for this, or is it just a "work in progress" problem?
We'll call it a work in progress problem. I was struggling to find good info as far as cantilever setups go. In the end I came up with something I thought would work knowing there was a high chance of failure.

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn't planning on it, I was under the impression with the forward links I wouldn't need anything else.
Where would you mount the sway bar
I was mistaken, I just looked at your forward links and I think they would bind under any articulation so it might be alright without one.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Will probably be fine without a rear sway bar, as long as the rear bags are controlled independent of each other.

Way back in the day, I remember a guy running one set of valves for the front, and one set for the rear. Thing looked like a boat going down the road.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Will probably be fine without a rear sway bar, as long as the rear bags are controlled independent of each other.

Way back in the day, I remember a guy running one set of valves for the front, and one set for the rear. Thing looked like a boat going down the road.
I do have valves for each corner.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here some stuff I found on the internets.
You must be registered for see images attach

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here some stuff I found on the internets.
Some of these I have seen. I think I'm going to move to the front and come back to the rear after taking some time where I'm not constantly thinking about it.