Bagged and bodied 99 c3500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never been much into stereos so I'm not great when it comes to wiring. I used this for my switches/valves
You must be registered for see images attach

Where would be an ideal place to run the 12 volt input from? I assume I want it somewhere where it's only powered when the ignition is on.

Also each one of the 8 valves has a ground wire, is ok to tie them together to the same ground or should I split them up? Is there a recommended distance where they should be grounded?
Sorry for the stupid questions

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many amps will the system draw? There are two auxiliary post on the fusebox that are switched on with ignition. I believe they are 30 amps each. Yes the grounds can be hooked together.

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recommend powering the relay direct but switched, not through the ignition. That way if your key switch or whatever goes bad you can still air the system up.
+1 on grounds ran together, and landing anywhere.
I have a master switch in the console.
Directly wired does sound better in that case, I’ve never done anything with bags so stuff like that is new to me.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I recommend powering the relay direct but switched, not through the ignition. That way if your key switch or whatever goes bad you can still air the system up.
+1 on grounds ran together, and landing anywhere.
I have a master switch in the console.
Thus makes sense but could I get more specifics? This is how I was going to be wiring the compressors. Where would your master switch land, between the battery and fuse? Will any switch work or do I need one with specific amps?
You must be registered for see images attach

Then the power that feeds the actual switches wired to the valves, would that get wired into the master kill switch as well?

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Run it just like that, except instead of keyed power, use a switch. I am 99% sure that any switch will do, because you're interrupting the ground side of the relays so the amperage is low, but I'd like that confirmed by someone else.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Run it just like that, except instead of keyed power, use a switch. I am 99% sure that any switch will do, because you're interrupting the ground side of the relays so the amperage is low, but I'd like that confirmed by someone else.
Same here. I think I have that same diagram printed out from 20 years ago. But yeah, any old switch will do there.