Bagged and bodied 99 c3500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A) is that approximately ride height?
B) can you loosen the top bolt on the bag mounting bracket and see if that lets it sit more square?
Yes, that is roughly ride height, and the front is still sitting at stock height.

I used all 3 bolt holes on the top of the bag, loosening them changes nothing, I could potentially use the front two holes and let mount sit back farther over the bag, that in theory will let it sit more square. Then I could either make new mounts or just modify these ones so they don't make contact with the bag.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm talking about this bolt.
You must be registered for see images attach
Loosening that should allow the mount to pivot counter clockwise around it, making it closer to vertical with the bag. If that is true, you could run a sleeve on the mounts to allow that movement as it goes through vertical travel.
Looks to me like you have a setup that moves horizontally, and since it's all locked down, the only place it can compensate for that is in the bag itself.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure if this will help bit before you posted that I did run it using different holes on the mounts/bags. Results were it started tipping hard sooner.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Loosening that should allow the mount to pivot counter clockwise around it, making it closer to vertical with the bag. If that is true, you could run a sleeve on the mounts to allow that movement as it goes through vertical travel.
Looks to me like you have a setup that moves horizontally, and since it's all locked down, the only place it can compensate for that is in the bag itself.
I'll give it a shot and let you know the results.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That also allowed it to kick forward sooner than when I had them tighten.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
That's the issue I've seen with that setup. When allowed to pivot, that bracket does whatever it want's, and can be disasterous.

I've seen guys add flat stock, or tubes, and essentially make a baby 4 link for those brackets. It'll control the movement, and depending on how it's setup, keep that bracket sitting how you want it, through out the entire travel.

The idea works like the flat bars on a floor jack, that keep the head level, and allowing it to pivot.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's the issue I've seen with that setup. When allowed to pivot, that bracket does whatever it want's, and can be disasterous.

I've seen guys add flat stock, or tubes, and essentially make a baby 4 link for those brackets. It'll control the movement, and depending on how it's setup, keep that bracket sitting how you want it, through out the entire travel.

The idea works like the flat bars on a floor jack, that keep the head level, and allowing it to pivot.

Basically a couple bars in this area that are aloud to pivot at both ends?

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Basically a couple bars in this area that are aloud to pivot at both ends?

I think he meant a small bar running all the way to just under the cantilevers center pivot

The red is a piece of flat stock and the green is the two pivot points as long as the length and pivots are in the correct spot this would keep the bag mount vertical throughout the entire travel

Last edited:

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think he meant a small bar running all the way to just under the cantilevers center pivot

The red is a piece of flat stock and the green is the two pivot points as long as the length and pivots are in the correct spot this would keep the bag mount vertical throughout the entire travel
I'll have to put some serious thought into the proper location on these.

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll have to put some serious thought into the proper location on these.
It’s fairly simple. Set the bag mount where you want it. Then make each pivot say 1.5” below the cantilever pivots. Then measure your bar length. You can actually change the pivot locations to get the bag mount to slightly change angle throughout the travel. If you want that lmk I can help with the math.