Bagged and bodied 99 c3500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It is aliveish. I still have it on jack stands because I need to make some adjustments, when it lowers all the way down the bags collapse towards the back in a dramatic way. So something isn't right.
I think I need to slide the bags more towards the back or maybe shorten the links on the axle. I'll get more pictures when it is light out to show you what I mean.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as the don't rub anything you'll probably be ok. It looks like its from the angle that the cantilever moves in making them not collapse evenly. If anything move the bottom back so that they are flat when collapsed. You'll spend more time at ride height an lower/laid out than you will at full extension. Try to have them as straight as possible in those two positions an it should be golden.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As long as the don't rub anything you'll probably be ok. It looks like its from the angle that the cantilever moves in making them not collapse evenly. If anything move the bottom back so that they are flat when collapsed. You'll spend more time at ride height an lower/laid out than you will at full extension. Try to have them as straight as possible in those two positions an it should be golden.
That's what I was thinking too. I'm hoping it can be accomplished without a massive amount of modifying stuff.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is a picture of how it collapses, thus is till with a jack stand support bet where it is tucking in, without support it kicks that mounting plate far into the bag, to the point where it is too uncomfortable to make it happen on purpose for the sake if a picture.

I dont have much room to move the lower mounting holes back before the bags are close to the crossmember.
I'm looking for possible suggestions @bluex
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shavond055