Bagged and bodied 99 c3500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a couple potentially stupid questions.
First, should I upgrade my battery to "bigger" stronger battery? If so, is there something that is recommended? Trying to pick a spot to mount the battery and I'd like to know before I make the mount.
You must be registered for see images attach

Second, is everything in this picture stuff that needs to stay or can I delete some of this? Obviously the computer and fuse/relay box needs to stay.
Sorry for my ignorance.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
That's the cruise control on the firewall by the hydro boost, and ABS controller in front of it. Not sure what the box by the radiator does, but probably an emissions related piece.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's the cruise control on the firewall by the hydro boost, and ABS controller in front of it. Not sure what the box by the radiator does, but probably an emissions related piece.
Thank you.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So it's OK to take it off if I need to but don't cover that hole.

Yessir

As far as the stuff in the fender, there’s SOME, not much, empty space inside the dash board you could probably stuff the ECU and fuse box into, but it’ll be a pain to service any of it and you have to re-arrange the harness. Plenty of room if you delete the HVAC box lol

Im sure the ABS module can be deleted and replaced with a proportioning valve like the older trucks

The evap charcoal canister can technically be deleted, you might have gas fume smells and probably need to have it tuned out of the ECU.

There’s plenty of opinions on battery brands, I’d look for an AGM or “dry cell” battery. Those can be mounted in any direction so you could for example, mount it horizontally on the frame under the cab. If you want to run the bags/compressor a bunch without the truck running maybe look into a dual battery solution which sometimes includes a main cranking battery and a deep cycle battery with an isolator between them or just 2 regular batteries. Might get some ideas from the overlanding/camping community.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Edit: there’s somebody on the forum that has relocated their cruise module to the inside of the cowl. I think it was a red truck?

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Yessir

As far as the stuff in the fender, there’s SOME, not much, empty space inside the dash board you could probably stuff the ECU and fuse box into, but it’ll be a pain to service any of it and you have to re-arrange the harness. Plenty of room if you delete the HVAC box lol

Im sure the ABS module can be deleted and replaced with a proportioning valve like the older trucks

The evap charcoal canister can technically be deleted, you might have gas fume smells and probably need to have it tuned out of the ECU.

There’s plenty of opinions on battery brands, I’d look for an AGM or “dry cell” battery. Those can be mounted in any direction so you could for example, mount it horizontally on the frame under the cab. If you want to run the bags/compressor a bunch without the truck running maybe look into a dual battery solution which sometimes includes a main cranking battery and a deep cycle battery with an isolator between them or just 2 regular batteries. Might get some ideas from the overlanding/camping community.
I'm not trying to move anything in the day right now. I have plans for making a dash and was considering doing that at that point.
I'll look into the abs delete stuff, that is taking up alot of space.