Bagged and bodied 99 c3500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Say whats on your mind, feedback, good or bad is why im here. They are a bit heavy. Not sure if it's too heavy or not.
I have seen that done multiple times, I am trying to do something that is different, in no way am I saying it's better or even the right way to go.
It's been done that way multiple times because it's strong. You have a lot of flat stock laid in a way that doesn't use its stiffness.

Keep in mind that I'm not an engineer, so this is my best guess as to what sizes you would need. When I first started typing my response I was thinking half-ton, and in that case I'd probably go with 1.5"x.120" tubing and a single piece of 1/8" plate in the middle. Re-reading I realized it's a dually. With that in mind I'd go with 2"x.120" tubing and a single piece of 3/16" plate in the middle, or if you want it really strong, weld two plates of 1/8" plate to the outside edges. With two plates it will probably be approaching what you've made for weight, but it will be far stronger.

Having a larger single plate in the middle allows you to cut lightening holes. They eliminate a significant amount of weight without reducing the strength of the part.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's been done that way multiple times because it's strong. You have a lot of flat stock laid in a way that doesn't use its stiffness.

Keep in mind that I'm not an engineer, so this is my best guess as to what sizes you would need. When I first started typing my response I was thinking half-ton, and in that case I'd probably go with 1.5"x.120" tubing and a single piece of 1/8" plate in the middle. Re-reading I realized it's a dually. With that in mind I'd go with 2"x.120" tubing and a single piece of 3/16" plate in the middle, or if you want it really strong, weld two plates of 1/8" plate to the outside edges. With two plates it will probably be approaching what you've made for weight, but it will be far stronger.

Having a larger single plate in the middle allows you to cut lightening holes. They eliminate a significant amount of weight without reducing the strength of the part.
I get what you are saying, also I'm no engineer but I have made allt of things. I'm confident that what I made with the interior bracing and boxing things in will be more than strong enough for the job it has to do. I do really appreciate your opinion and knowledge.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some real progress today, getting the rear of the frame all tied into itself.
You must be registered for see images attach

Also got my control arms from nfamous metal yesterday.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what this is?