Waste wages.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some day, maybe a cowl induction setup?

Yes.

If I were to fall into a bucket of unexpected money, this is one of the few things
I'd add to the chore truck. But only if it was fully functional:

You must be registered for see images attach

The sound of a deep-breathing V8 through one of these is melodic. And since it only opens during full throttle,
this aria never gets old, unlike a loud exhaust that's non-stop whether you are in the mood or not. :0)

Of course, if this is too showy, then Plan B would be the stealth cowl induction
like this:

Either way, your idea to incorporate a functional cowl induction is a win win in terms
of a true cold air intake + making the hills come alive with the Sound of Music.
:0)

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I were to fall into a bucket of unexpected money, this is one of the few things
Those are cool too. I kinda like this one, it allows more hot air from the radiator to escape also :waytogo:

Of course, if this is too showy, then Plan B would be the stealth cowl induction
like this:
Here's another one like that on a BBC

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats where I'm leaning painless has a really nice looking wiring harness. I have several of the pieces needed already so that would realistically be the easiest route
Go to the salvage yard and pull a harness that matches the FSM for your year. Ain't no way in hell I would run an aftermarket wiring harness. Recently I called my local yard and they said they'd pull a harness for me for $100,I don't think any aftermarket yo-yo's can beat that.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yes.

The sound of a deep-breathing V8 through one of these is melodic. And since it only opens during full throttle,
this aria never gets old, unlike a loud exhaust that's non-stop whether you are in the mood or not. :0)

like this:

Either way, your idea to incorporate a functional cowl induction is a win win in terms
of a true cold air intake + making the hills come alive with the Sound of Music.
:0)
Oh yes I do remember how cool and bada$$ the Quadrajet opened up, sounded on our square body trucks and Burbs.....I do love the sound of a V8 in the morning (or any time really!).

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
Oh yes I do remember how cool and bada$$ the Quadrajet opened up, sounded on our square body trucks and Burbs.....I do love the sound of a V8 in the morning (or any time really!).
ah nothing like that quadrajet moan I think thermoquads also did that
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
there are aftermarket 4 varrel spead bore efi systems but they do not moan like the carbs kind of sad