SOLVED: Turn Signal/Parking Light Weird Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Machlen

Reaction score
I just recently installed the LED turn signal assembly from LMC Truck on my 1990 C1500 and I'm experiencing a similar problem where the passenger side flashes quickly with the headlights on, but flashes normal with them off. Would an LED flasher relay be a potential fix for this?
Yup - that's exactly what was happening for me. If you've already verified that the LED is installed correctly (some are polarity-specific, make sure it's flipped the correct way in the socket) then yes, I would give the LED flasher relay that I linked a try, especially since it's such a cheap and fast fix. EP36 was the correct flasher size for my '93 K1500, while others have reported EP29. I would take your existing flasher into the parts store and verify the pins match up to make sure you get the correct flasher the first try, haha. Best of luck - let us know!

Cackalacky

Reaction score
Yup - that's exactly what was happening for me. If you've already verified that the LED is installed correctly (some are polarity-specific, make sure it's flipped the correct way in the socket) then yes, I would give the LED flasher relay that I linked a try, especially since it's such a cheap and fast fix. EP36 was the correct flasher size for my '93 K1500, while others have reported EP29. I would take your existing flasher into the parts store and verify the pins match up to make sure you get the correct flasher the first try, haha. Best of luck - let us know!
Mine aren't the individual bulb like yours. It's more of a light assembly https://www.lmctruck.com/lighting/parklight/cd-1994-98-led-parklight-set

You can look at the pictures of them here and see how they connect to the existing sockets https://www.ebay.com/itm/ANZO-LED-P...044&customid=fdff09af93bb196c4fc76f616a92596b

I'll try to get around to changing this out this weekend and report back.

Cackalacky

Reaction score
Mine ended up needing the EP36 as well and it seems to have fixed the issue