0411 Swap 5.7 4l60e

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Safuez

Reaction score
Two rear Bosch o2, dead right out of the box. AC delco's worked perfect. Try one of your old ones and see how it reads.
I didn’t have any old ones didn’t have any to start with but I switched my tan and white wires and it started working. -31.3% on my short trim and -8.6% on long

Cadillacmak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@L31MaxExpress I think its time for an expert. Safuez is having problems with the 411 swap and he is dumping fuel like mad, o2's go to the roof and stay there so of course its calling for Max lean on STFT. 1997 5.7l, 4L60e, no cats. I looked through his tune and didn't find anything big that was off compared to the base tune I have. I think he said it only does it when it goes into closed loop.

Safuez

Reaction score
@L31MaxExpress I think it’s time for an expert. Safuez is having problems with the 411 swap and he is dumping fuel like mad, o2's go to the roof and stay there so of course its calling for Max lean on STFT. 1997 5.7l, 4L60e, no cats. I looked through his tune and didn't find anything big that was off compared to the base tune I have. I think he said it only does it when it goes into closed loop.
Tomorrow I’m gonna try to rob the back 2 o2 sensors and see if that’s fixes it, only thing I can think is that the o2 sensor is possibly just bad from the start like you mentioned before

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you are still running EGR, did you follow the steps specific to 96 and 97 trucks for re-wiring the EGR valve? If you did not follow those steps the EGR is wide open all the time. Unplug the EGR valve harness from the EGR valve, should go back to running normal if that is the only problem. The 96-97 EGR valve is wired to 12V power and the PCM controls the valve via PWM of the ground. The 98+ PCM and 0411 PCM controls the EGR valve via PWM on the power side.

Also download the base file I made on the 0411 swap sticky that has the MAF data for the GMT400 truck and if you have the MFI upgrade spider it has the correct injector data for it.

Last edited:

Safuez

Reaction score
If you are still running EGR, did you follow the steps specific to 96 and 97 trucks for re-wiring the EGR valve? If you did not follow those steps the EGR is wide open all the time. Unplug the EGR valve harness from the EGR valve, should go back to running normal if that is the only problem. The 96-97 EGR valve is wired to 12V power and the PCM controls the valve via PWM of the ground. The 98+ PCM and 0411 PCM controls the EGR valve via PWM on the power side.

Also download the base file I made on the 0411 swap sticky that has the MAF data for the GMT400 truck and if you have the MFI upgrade spider it has the correct injector data for it.
I’m still stock factory injectors, since I got long tubes I’m assuming the egrs that tube that ran to the factory manifolds ( could be wrong ) but it’s currently blocked off. If I’m wrong correct me I’m pretty bad about the emission related stuff