What MPG should I expect (94 k3500 5.7)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris032188

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just gassed up first time tracking, only got about 7mpg. Truck was running kind of ****** during that and I just did a tune up, what should I expect for this truck? It's a nv4500 also. I figured I'd should get around 12-13, but just want to be sure.

Keeper

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the truck is new to you, I would check for leaks in the fuel system also. A hole in the gas tank from rubbing inside the liner is a known issue. Can you smell gas when you walk up to it after it sits for a while? If the leak/hole is small enough, the gas will evaporate and won't leave a puddle on the ground, but you'll definitely smell it. btdt

chris032188

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gonna check it again next fill up, this one was a ton of stop and go while I was doing work to it. Hopefully it improves some

chris032188

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
And truck is new to me, about a month I've had it. Have done a bunch of work to it since I got it. None of the sensors were hooked up, alignment was jacked up, new cap rotors, it had no thermostat

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Run a bottle of seafoam in the tank next time you fill it up. It will help clean up the fuel system and the combustion chambers.

I had my 01 Yukon parked for 7 months and it was running terribly when I fired it up. I put a bottle of seafoam in and within 5 minutes it was running perfectly.

I would say 12 mpg would be a good goal to shoot for