Project:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

e3mcgrath

Reaction score
he's talking about the flat plate on top of the rearend. honestly, it's not worth the time or effort. it'll only gain you maybe an 1/8". but anyway, i cut the top plate off flat, then cut the 4 remaining pieces down enough so i could grind them flush.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
ok so just saw. hmmm just an 1/8 more clearance. dam i was thinking it could be like 1/2-1inch. but after looking at it closer your 105% right doesnt look worth it. tuff call to either custom bolt in notch or just wait till bags next year.
i just want more travel! id like to slap these shackles on my truck but hell if i do that it would put frame to axle fully. and this picture was with my soft bed cover, my camper lowers my truck even more from the weight.
You must be registered for see images attach

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A fairly easy way to get your extra clearance (~1 1/2") is to take about 12-18" piece of 2" square thick wall tube and weld it to the top of your frame centered above the notch. It will just clear the bed. Plate it on both sides just like a weld on notch and cut the rest of your frame out. Once you do this your rear end will contact the center of the bed, so youll have to cut that too. And depending on how tall your tires are, theyll be scraping too-so, time to cut those out and move them up. Be sure and put the bump stops back in.

e3mcgrath

Reaction score
rear hangers, upper shock mounts and gastank crossmember are all out. also installed a 1" spacer under the tranny. gonna build the wishbone mount/new gastank crossmember on Sat and also try to get the upper bag mount in.

e3mcgrath

Reaction score
July 20-22, i know it's a long trip for you but i guarantee you won't be disappointed