2000 C2500 Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EJ_74

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those brush guards look cool but most of the aftermarket ones I've seen don't seem very sturdy. Only using the tow hook or bumper bolts. Probably fine for off road but not a crash. The toughest bumper I could think of would be like a 4x8 rectangle tube with brackets that had more attachment points on the frame

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Ouch... that does look like a lot from a car. Mine hit a little Toyota. We were on the highway and he slammed on the brakes too fast. The car had stopped all the way and I got down to maybe 30 before the hit. Seatbelt did its job and airbag in the other car didn't even go off. Nobody was injured in any way
That's what I thought too! This Burb is pretty tough, but when it gets hurt, it's usually worse than you'd expect. Same truck, in 2017, got backed into the rear side door on driver's side, by a Malibu (!) and it caved the door in. Window wouldn't go down, dent is bigger than my head, even got the jamb enough to see the mark. Fortunately we still had our first OBS Burb, in the same color, so I could swap the doors. Change the interior panel(different colors inside) and nobody is the wiser....it was in a parking lot so insurance wouldn't do anything.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Those brush guards look cool but most of the aftermarket ones I've seen don't seem very sturdy. Only using the tow hook or bumper bolts. Probably fine for off road but not a crash. The toughest bumper I could think of would be like a 4x8 rectangle tube with brackets that had more attachment points on the frame
Ranch Hand makes a solid product, but they're not cheap. I saw a set of their bumpers, front with integrated brush/grille guard, on a tow spec 2500 Burb in the yard once. Someone else got em before I could...I prolly didn't have the money for them anyway.

EJ_74

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might be a little bit more solid, but I've seen them pretty tore up in wrecks too. Plus the gas tank is mounted outside the frame rails instead of inboard like the 400 ones are.
The 400 frames seem more stout but I think the sheet metal is a little thinner. I dented the roof on this truck just from resting my knee (and I don't weigh a whole lot) on it while loading some cargo

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I do not know who made it but the one I have on frank'n truck is real beefy and f'n heavy some one did some thing to it at some point because it will not mount with bumper installed but it dose bolt to the bumper brackets it looks a lot like the one on the suburban in my picture and like this one here I found on google images
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
The 400 frames seem more stout but I think the sheet metal is a little thinner. I dented the roof on this truck just from resting my knee (and I don't weigh a whole lot) on it while loading some cargo
Yes I'll have to be careful about that, whenever I get around to giving Rawhide a proper washing.
Back in the 90s I had a Dodge Intrepid, and I was putting a big Ram shield decal on the back glass. Dented the decklid doing that, and I was probably lighter then. I was used to kneeling on truck tailgates....