power steering tubing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am building my own lines for the power steering pump, do the bendy/ curvy nature of the lines serve a purpose? I planned on them going a more direct route from pump to steering box

here is a good example of the overly snaked design of the lines

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I don't know. However, how do you plan to build your own lines? Do you mean have a hydraulic shop fabricate them for you?

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know. However, how do you plan to build your own lines? Do you mean have a hydraulic shop fabricate them for you?
hoses and fittings from them

Pressure rating is suitable, 2500 working, 10k burst. says its compatible with the fluid, I emailed them about usage, they said for insurance purposes it needs to be certified assembly. sounds like a CYA statement. Which kind of doesnt make sense, I would be more worried about a fuel line leak,r transmission fluid, or any other fluid for that matter. power steering is a comfort rather than necessity. the other fluid lines failing lead to catastrophic failure usually like seized engines, burnt up trannys, or fires. worst i could imagine for power steering is a mess and manual steering

Cadillacmak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pressure rating is suitable, 2500 working, 10k burst. says its compatible with the fluid, I emailed them about usage, they said for insurance purposes it needs to be certified assembly. sounds like a CYA statement. Which kind of doesnt make sense, I would be more worried about a fuel line leak,r transmission fluid, or any other fluid for that matter. power steering is a comfort rather than necessity. the other fluid lines failing lead to catastrophic failure usually like seized engines, burnt up trannys, or fires. worst i could imagine for power steering is a mess and manual steering
Keep us posted on how this goes please. Power steering hoses and serp belts don't last long in Alaska, so having stuff on hand to build a new one would be great. And the odds that one of the parts stores carries the hose in stock is slim. The amount of items that are "Not Available In Alaska"!

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep us posted on how this goes please. Power steering hoses and serp belts don't last long in Alaska, so having stuff on hand to build a new one would be great. And the odds that one of the parts stores carries the hose in stock is slim. The amount of items that are "Not Available In Alaska"!
this company is actual based in canada, so shipping times may not be that bad for you

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
hoses and fittings from them

Well depending on where the PS line is that leaks/fails/breaks, could spray PS fluid all over and catch on fire....
And manual steering (suddenly losing the power assist) in a situation where you're having to maneuver a truck off the street and into a parking lot, ain't fun. BTDT courtesy of the idler pulley locking up and eating the belt. Stand on the brakes, arm wrestle the steering, try to get it parked before it overheated cause the water temp needle is going up faster than my blood pressure..... Got it done but it was not fun!

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well depending on where the PS line is that leaks/fails/breaks, could spray PS fluid all over and catch on fire....
And manual steering (suddenly losing the power assist) in a situation where you're having to maneuver a truck off the street and into a parking lot, ain't fun. BTDT courtesy of the idler pulley locking up and eating the belt. Stand on the brakes, arm wrestle the steering, try to get it parked before it overheated cause the water temp needle is going up faster than my blood pressure..... Got it done but it was not fun!
Ive done that before, a slow leak from my 2001 yukon water pump caught me off guard, engine overheated, melted a one of the pulleys, good bye power steering. Happened at a stoplight when i got off the highway. Turning from a dead stop is not easy

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are familiar with building high pressure hoses, and different styles of fittings?
Your forgetting these hoses could be used on other models , types where the hoses need clearance or routing issues. The engineers have reasons and standards which we worthless low mortals don't always understand.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are familiar with building high pressure hoses, and different styles of fittings?
Your forgetting these hoses could be used on other models , types where the hoses need clearance or routing issues. The engineers have reasons and standards which we worthless low mortals don't always understand.
Ive figured everything else out so far, nothing is that hard if you follow instructions and ask questions before making assumptions and dicking something up. I like that answer, didnt think about other models using the same hose