power steering tubing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Assures that the hose assembly isn't stressed by normal--or even abnormal--engine movement.

Kinda like the circular whoop-de-doos on the brake tubing--so the body can flex on the frame without damaging the tubing.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Assures that the hose assembly isn't stressed by normal--or even abnormal--engine movement.

Kinda like the circular whoop-de-doos on the brake tubing--so the body can flex on the frame without damaging the tubing.
I would think the flexible tubing part of the stock PS line would accomplish that.

98_SLE_98

Reaction score
hoses and fittings from them

Pressure rating is suitable, 2500 working, 10k burst. says its compatible with the fluid, I emailed them about usage, they said for insurance purposes it needs to be certified assembly. sounds like a CYA statement. Which kind of doesnt make sense, I would be more worried about a fuel line leak,r transmission fluid, or any other fluid for that matter. power steering is a comfort rather than necessity. the other fluid lines failing lead to catastrophic failure usually like seized engines, burnt up trannys, or fires. worst i could imagine for power steering is a mess and manual steering

I redid my fuel system on my other car a few years ago with -6 braided PTFE lined hose and it got rid of the fuel odor from the older braided SS lines with regular rubber fuel line in them.

However I used carbon lined conductive ptfe hose. It is quite more readily available from the common "performance" fitting/hose people as when I did it none of them carried it. Ordered it from one of the hose warehouse places down there.