Oil leak from bottom of oil dipstick tube

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blow-by is a product of ring sealing issues, not valve sealing issues. (There is the potential for WILDLY wiped-out exhaust valve guides to cause "blow-by", but the guides have to be REALLY bad.)

bigblue92

Reaction score
Blow-by is a product of ring sealing issues, not valve sealing issues. (There is the potential for WILDLY wiped-out exhaust valve guides to cause "blow-by", but the guides have to be REALLY bad.)
Okay. I'm just gonna take it to the shop I work at on Monday. I'm done playing games alone, and I don't really have equipment (like vacuum gauges/compression gauges) at my house.

The way I tested the air cleaner spacer line was stupid, meaning I just put my finger over the hole in the spacer, and I felt nothing. Thank you for the insights, especially because I'm still learning, and I'll update this thread sometime next week, providing I stop having this problem.

I'm sorry if I wasted any of your time.

95burban

Friends don’t let friends use spindles.
Reaction score
If you can feel pressure from dip stick tube you have to much. Most crank case pressure are measured in “h20 (inches of water) and technically should be under a vacuum

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correction, there is vacuum coming from the pcv, and very slight pressure from the dipstick tube
WHERE on the PCV system? You need to verify this on the opposite side of the engine from the actual PCV valve--where the fresh, filtered air would enter the valve cover via a tube/hose.

If you can feel pressure from dip stick tube you have to much. Most crank case pressure are measured in “h20 (inches of water) and technically should be under a vacuum
Yup. At idle/fast idle there should be mild vacuum at the fresh-air inlet, or at the dipstick tube.

Either the PCV valve is clogged, defective, or the incorrect part; or the engine has excessive blow-by.