Pitman Arm Play - Is This A Problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seymorey

Reaction score
Take it from someone in manufacturing, just because the factory says it *has* grease does not mean it is packed full the way you want. Being well greased can be the difference between going 10,000 and 100,000 miles.
Grease was visible at both the zerk hole and at the other opening. I would not have installed it without greasing it if it only said “pre greased”.

Last edited:

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Take it from someone in manufacturing, just because the factory says it *has* grease does not mean it is packed full the way you want. Being well greased can be the difference between going 10,000 and 100,000 miles.
Agreed. I have seen in my shops that the pre greased components come pre greased only 10% of the time. A "spit" of grease is not pre greased. Plus, what kind of grease?

I use a moly based grease to prevent water "wash out". All kinds of grease out there.

Seymorey

Reaction score
Agreed. I have seen in my shops that the pre greased components come pre greased only 10% of the time. A "spit" of grease is not pre greased. Plus, what kind of grease?

I use a moly based grease to prevent water "wash out". All kinds of grease out there.
You’re right. I’ll hit it with a bit of Lucas red grease for peace of mind.

I just figured it’s a moog part and they’re generally considered premium, so the grease oozing out of it must be at least okay.

Cadillacmak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea, like @evilunclegrimace said, that is bad bad.

The other concern that makes me go :eek: is the oil leak(s) that is causing all that crap all over under there.

Do you carry a spare 5 bottles of oil with you everywhere?
Movievet? Don't get on people about their oil leaks, then when I buy it I will have to deal with their rusty bolts.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Movievet? Don't get on people about their oil leaks, then when I buy it I will have to deal with their rusty bolts.
Yes, oil is definitely, a thick film of it, a great detriment to rust.

@Cadillacmak ,are you saying "Movietvet" because you don't know what it stands for?

So many people thing that movietvet stands for "movie" "tv" "et", as if I am an "ET" movie nut.

Cadillacmak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, oil is definitely, a thick film of it, a great detriment to rust.

@Cadillacmak ,are you saying "Movietvet" because you don't know what it stands for?

So many people thing that movietvet stands for "movie" "tv" "et", as if I am an "ET" movie nut.
I assume the Mo is Missouri? Maybe a bad assumption. The other is Vietnam Veteran. I am just always missing letters when I type. My dad was army and in country 1970 on Monkey Mountain near Da Nang and China Beach. If my memory is correct.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I assume the Mo is Missouri? Maybe a bad assumption. The other is Vietnam Veteran. I am just always missing letters when I type. My dad was army and in country 1970 on Monkey Mountain near Da Nang and China Beach. If my memory is correct.
You are correct. mo-viet-vet. Joined out of KC, Mo. in Jan. 1972.