Blew a bearing, is my spindle reusable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mission creep of course for entire drop kit. 4" front/6" rear suggested. DO IT :Big Laugh:

Richard
After explaining to wife that both sides needed done because it wouldn't be long for the other side to go and she's ask why it looks so low and about the $$. That's the only time you say I'll look at it later.:hahano:

Last edited:

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All bs aside, score marks, ground spots can create stress risers, a place for cracks to occur. Then the wheel goes away. Then comes the violent stop. Maybe you get lucky and don't take a family of 4 in a Honda with you. Don't screw around with brakes, suspension, and steering components, fix the stuff properly. Don't take a chance. Don't chew up steering/suspension stuff with vice-grips and put it back on etc.

Last edited:

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
After explaining to wife that both sides needed done because it wouldn't be long for the other side to go and she's ask why it looks so low and about the $$. That's the only you say I'll look at at it later.:hahano:
While I do understand the scenario I've got to say I'm blessed with a wife that knows she married a nutjob and that vehicles will be in a constant state of disarray and change, vehicles will show up without warning and occupy the garage/driveway, many hours/days/weeks/months will be spent in the garage cursing and throwing things, money will flow without restriction on things that often make no sense to her whatsoever..

But every now and then she's the direct beneficiary of such things, always having something cool to drive, and *usually* something reliable.

When we got back together years ago, she was driving a '97 Explorer (and to its credit it was at least the 5.0 V8) that had been cared for very well by its previous owner, but was still a POS that was constantly breaking down.

It wasn't long before I put her in the '94 C2500LD, and she loved it:
You must be registered for see images attach

When I decided it was getting a little high in miles for her, I came home with a Magnum SRT8 without any warning. Had a friend drive me a few hours out of town to pick it up and it just "appeared" in the driveway while she was gone.

After I brought home the black '06 Silverado SS from the Copart auction, she was jealous I had a pickup again and wanted one, too. So I dug up the silver birch '06 Silverado SS for her, which at the time was a theft-recovery rebuild, but the truck itself plus the donor truck for the parts were both only 50K-ish miles. She still drives this truck today.

No explaining of "what the money was spent on" ever happens in this house. :Big Laugh:

Richard