My Crimson Cruiser - 1996 GMC 1500 Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VIKING_MECHANIC

GMT 400 obsessed Swede.
Reaction score
Lmao that sounds like fun def reply me how it goes, I haven’t heard much about Fayetteville hs but anyone I’ve met from Farmington is really cool.

It’s always great to know the backstory behind your truck. Wish I knew more about mine tbh
I actually went to a really small high school(graduating class was 80). I went to Booneville as that's where we moved to when we moved up here from Texas nearly 20 years ago.

And I moved to NWA about 10 years ago.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was thinking of painting the inner fender fastener bolts red. Would that look too tacky ? Either way I’m cleaning them up really nice before they all go in.
Your rig bud, do what you want. Years ago I unbolted my stock intake and painted it blue, put blue loom on any wire or hose if would fit on. Some made fun, but it was mine....you do you, and don't give a **** what anyone else thinks!!! Your doing a hell of a job on YOUR truck.....as Cptn Picard says.....make it so!

aldang25879

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I actually went to a really small high school(graduating class was 80). I went to Booneville as that's where we moved to when we moved up here from Texas nearly 20 years ago.

And I moved to NWA about 10 years ago.
You like it more compared to there? I’ve lived here my whole life and never really travelled for long periods of time so I don’t know what it’s like elsewhere
Maybe. Maybe not. It's your truck lol. Maybe paint one and see how it looks against everything.

If your truck is 2WD, which it look like it, those springs will be a bisch to get back in. Better invest in a GOOD spring compressor or a BAP(big ass prybar). At least I had to use a prybar on my 97 when I replaced my LCA a few months ago. Our spring compressor wouldn't compress it enough so i couldn't really install it the "correct" way.
yep, the spring compressor I rented was terrible. I will need a much better one to get the spring in but I’m sure I can talk my grandpa into using a pry bar while I compress it as much as a mid tier compressor will do it.

I didn’t take one side out the right way and I’m sure they won’t go in the right way either lol

aldang25879

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your rig bud, do what you want. Years ago I unbolted my stock intake and painted it blue, put blue loom on any wire or hose if would fit on. Some made fun, but it was mine....you do you, and don't give a **** what anyone else thinks!!! Your doing a hell of a job on YOUR truck.....as Cptn Picard says.....make it so!
I’ll have to do one for test and see how I like it!

aldang25879

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For anyone doing this back and forth with a shop like I am and want to financially plan their budget build, it came out to 126 bucks. I told him he could drill the rivets out of the original upper ball joint for me and press out my other lower ball joint if he wanted. I’ll see if he actually did that or not. I’m guessing I paid labor for an hour and some change.

I’ll update when I give them back to him to press the new bushings in.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Just a kid doing a driveway job so don’t hate too much please lol, it’ll do about as good as I need it to right now.

the VHT roll cage and underbody paint I’m using says it doesn’t need primer but I wanna do it anyway just because I scuffed it up with a wire brush and sanding it. Doing some more prep and Putting on paint tomorrow. Then doing the other side next.

Once it’s fully dry I’m gonna keep working on top where there’s still some dirt. Otherwise wheel wells are looking pretty damn clean.

Also painting my inner fenders tomorrow and putting them back on.
Never worry about what other people think mate, the fact that you are out in the driveway doing it gives you real credibility. So just keep on doing what your doing cause it looks fine.

NorthState

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sharp looking OBS! I fell in love with them when I was in high school "way back" in the 90s! IMHO, they truly are iconic style and function of automobiles!

As for your sloppy steering, there is a way to loosen the nut on the top of your steering box, tighten the Allen in the center, and then re-tighten the locking nut. This is supposed to give you a little adjustment, but isnt a perfect fix. Be careful not to over tighten the Allen, or the steering wont come back to center as smoothly as its supposed to. Search it up on YT to make sure I'm not lying to you.