My '95 RCLB C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jd33173

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks! It's not quite done, but it's getting close. I'll be adding strapping and metal siding to the interior walls (for ease of cleaning) this fall. Also looking into upgrading the tool boxes for about 30 feet of workbench with storage underneath. Right now the benches are a mixed collection of scavenged stuff. A few extra 20 amp circuits for the big power tools... Once I get the truck road-ready I'll be focusing on getting the shop upgrades done.
Usable horizontal surfaces is where its at!

jd33173

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just got the notification this morning that my new fenders and grille will be arriving shortly, so I pivoted away from the doors briefly to get the hood ready to install. It's been in the basement for 15 years since we scrapped the Burb, and is dirty as hell.

You must be registered for see images attach

So I pulled the insulator pad, vacuumed the pile of dirt trapped behind it

And took a wire wheel and needle scaler to the rusty patches that were hiding under the pad. The holes in the gussets were the worst spots.

All shined up, I gave it a few coats of rust converter and then a coat of black primer.

Once the paint dries, I'll reinstall the latch hardware and it'll be ready and waiting to go on the truck.
I put the cover on my hood as it was horrifically filthy like the rest of my eng compartment where apparently an oil bomb went off at some point with the po. I will prob address this "winter" when i do my engswap to a 350

jd33173

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

The wiring harness for my climate control board, 95 only, so corroded from squirrel pee that it quit working. And the replacement 6 pin pigtails I picked up from the parts store; the only ones they had.

Soldered in place, and my controller now works as it should. Working defroster means one more check mark on the safety list. The rest of the dash can go back together now.
Die squirrel scum! Grrr :)

Canadian Rust Bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A buddy of mine borrowed the shop for most of the day to work on his car, so I puttered around on some other projects. As I'm in the home stretch, it's time to start prepping some of the peripherals to go back on the truck. So I started on the mirrors.

I had most of three mirrors in the basement to choose drom. The driver's side had lost its glass, and the passenger's was all this gross yellow colour. The chrome shells are off an '88 I parted out a few years ago. It had sat in the corner of a parking lot for about five years, and the wrap shop next door used the body as a product tester. Some time with the heat gun and adhesive remover got the chrome shiny again.

I had to cut the glass off this stub of a mirror so I could put it in my chrome shell. I found a box cutter blade seemed to work well, and some silicone remover got rid of the leftover adhesive on the glass. I then glued that same glass in with some polyurethane adhesive and left it to dry.

Final result: mirror attached, adhesive holding, shiny and new(ish).

Canadian Rust Bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my plates today! Double checked the list, made sure I had all the bits and bobs, and she passed a safety. Still need to get the finish coat on, but now at least I can drive it to a shop if I decide to shell out for a primo paint job. Road legal for the first time in six years!

Funnily enough, there were two people in front of me in line also getting plates. Both asked for a different set after seeing the numbers, but I'm not picky so now I've got "666" on the front and back of the beast.

Canadian Rust Bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

A quick pic after the first shakedown drive today. Took it about 20km into town and back.
We survived!
However, I did note a few small issues that need correction. My throttle cable seems a little tight, and it takes too much force to get the pedal to move. The door panel on the driver's side is missing a clip so it rattles a bit. And I still need to get a proper alignment done.

Otherwise, everything seems good. I think I'll take it for a few slightly longer drives to make sure everything is solid and double check my work, then get the finish paint done. That way if I have to do any work I won't muck up a brand new paint job.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Got my plates today! Double checked the list, made sure I had all the bits and bobs, and she passed a safety. Still need to get the finish coat on, but now at least I can drive it to a shop if I decide to shell out for a primo paint job. Road legal for the first time in six years!

Funnily enough, there were two people in front of me in line also getting plates. Both asked for a different set after seeing the numbers, but I'm not picky so now I've got "666" on the front and back of the beast.
Now you just need an "El Diablo" for the dashboard like @someotherguy had for his trucks....

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
Now you just need an "El Diablo" for the dashboard like @someotherguy had for his trucks....
El Diablo only rides in the low low.

I've got to dig up that mount I made for him and install in the '93 now..

Richard