My '95 RCLB C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadian Rust Bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the tailgate sanded, cleaned and primed. A few minor scratches to glaze now, but nothing major. This tailgate was in near-mint condition because it came off the '88 delivery truck in 89 and was kept in storage until I needed it.
You must be registered for see images attach

I also reinstalled it, but I've had some issues with one of the latch rods not fully retracting. I have five spares, so not a big deal. I'll swap the rod and maybe shim the handle if required.

Also dug this old grille filler out of the woods; I've had it so long I forgot it was there. Luckily found it while looking for a ball the dogs had lost. The hardware was all rusted, so I swapped it out for some stainless I had in the basement. A little bit of polishing and the piece was nice and shiny again.

And here it is installed. I'm a sucker for chrome, so I love it.
One more part out of storage, and onto the truck.

Canadian Rust Bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took the truck to the cottage over the weekend to see how she'd do on the longer trip. Everything went well, nothing fell off, great success.

But when I got home, the truck wouldn't start without cranking for a good 15 seconds. So I figured fuel pump relay, got in and tested it, relay tested fine. I jumped the pins to make the fuel pump run and the truck would start easily.

Long story short, the relay is fine, it's the socket in the under hood fuse panel that's loose. I tweaked the pins on the relay so it grabs a little better, but I'll have to research a more long-term solution.