May be premature or really late...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blancohippo

Reaction score
Got the clip yesterday...working out details on a rearend to pick up wednesday...its hella dirty and rusty but its solid and straight...nothing some strippin discs and elbow grease cant cure...ill weld the misc holes up and then cap the ends once i get the body drop situated and the rails welded in...

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

blancohippo

Reaction score
update for tomorrow will include some of the parts ive amassed for the beast over the past two or so years...wont look like much but its stuff i chose to put on it that i felt would make it as OE as possible but still have a nice custom touch as well...lots of plans for t and they wont come super fast but i promised myself im going to stay steady on it and try to make small improvements even if they dont seem like much...ill even get a few of it as it sits in the driveway now (WARNING: its graphic...young viewers are advised to turn away if the images are too disturbing)...

well, not so much an update as a chance to document my progress (or destruction)...

Last edited:

phantom 309

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Started my veture into the full-size scene with my cclb 98 k3500 dually about two years ago...picked it up for a decent deal and immediately started scouring for parts to bring her back to life (and then some)...plan originally was to do a 6" lift, 2" body with 24" custom cut alcoas on 37's...got started into that and my OCD kicked in with every little minute thing driving me crazy...fix this and find that, find that and see another thing wrong or hacked...vicious cycle of damages and fixes it seemed...i lost interest in it while working 6 days 12-14hrs at a time so it just sat...and sat...and sat...

Long story short, i started parting it out and then decided halfway thru doing so that i wanted to bag and bodydrop it...sold 90% of the stuff i had acquired for the lift, suspension and wheels/tires to get bags and start getting parts for the links and all that...fast forward another year and here we are May/June of this year and again...sick of seeing it sit again for over a year, i started parting the rest of it out...got the whole truck almost completely torn apart and sold off and then a big ole bird came and **** all over my parade float!!!...in a good way i think...a little prelude to the bird and its defecation on my plans to get rid of it...seems my youngest spawn has wanted a car/truck of his own now that he is old enough to get his license and start driving on his own...so while mine sat and sat, i was looking for something for him to drive...found a really clean one-owner '01 s10 and scooped it up...mind you this child has been going to car and truck shows since he was in a baby carrier with ZERO showing of interest in the scenes...basically i drug him along because i wanted/had to in hopes maybe he would fall in love with it like i did...well, id say three weeks into having the truck in the driveway, he chimes up at the dinner table, "i think i wanna slam the s10"...i lost my **** (not really but youll see why i say that in a sec)...i went off on a tirade about all the minis and pocket-rocket turbo cars ive had and yada yada and he never once said anything about wanting or liking any of it...ive dumped THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS into my cars and trucks over the years and after getting rid of 90% of my truck part and all the tools i had acquired to build them, he decides he wants to slam/bag his truck...:rolleyes::nono: (hidden happy dad moment)...so here we are now...got a 4wd framed truck that is being turned into a bagged and bodied family hauler...

Now, buying tools nowadays is not nearly as cheap as it was 15-20 years ago so ive had to start re-amassing them to help him get his project/daily p and going as well as mine that's been a driveway ornament for the past two/three years...his is still getting the basic workthru on maintenance and general revamping to get it super reliable and safe for my kiddo to cruise in...mine is a little more in-depth and torn down...ill get some pics in the morning to show its current state of affairs but its almost scrapyard fodder...to most in my neighborhood, its junk but i have a vision...they dont see it yet

plans:
2wd frame clip swap (hacked my 4wd frame into 2ft sections and its now in the bed of my Ram to go to the scrapper)
full frame from firewall back using 4x4 .250 wall tubing...will be semi rod/nascar style configuration with bracing in and outside the main rails
notched to lay on 24" semi wheels with 255/30's...
cab and chassis axle swap to narrow the width in the back
rear disc swap
flatbed (regular and dually beds just dont look as cool as a flatbed sitting 0" off the ground!!!)
383 or LS (havent decided but i want power to move the heavy *****)
4L80E (not racing it, so low and slow works for me)
full custom interior with buckets front and back
full length center console with two 10's for some bump
*** huge flush mount, two panel polycarbonate moonroof ***
all clear windows (have all four, brand new door glass already) just need a clear back window
I love 3 am project idea's,.

blancohippo

Reaction score
Seems like it would have been prudent to just get a C instead of a K.
had a desire to do the lifted 4wd instead of my normal bagged minitruck preference...working 80hr a week for decades just burnt me out and i lost interest in seeing it sit...then my kid gets his truck and viola, here we are back to the roots of it all...so yeah, hindsight 20/20, maybe so but what fun would that be?

blancohippo

Reaction score
well here she is in all her (un)glory...lots of teardown still to do and then cleanup...gonna try to build a dolly this weekend to get the cab off the rockers to prevent them from getting smashed any more than they are now...hate that its sitting on them but had to get the frame out from under it somehow...some parts are in the cab and the rest is down in the basement...sold my fenders so now i have to source some straight, clean OEM ones from FB marketplace i guess...kept the hood tho...:rolleyes: