Could really use some help - AC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevman_88

Reaction score
This is at Idle (600 rpm) and interior cooled after driving home.
Low pressure - 70PSI
High pressure - 300PSI (Put a box fan on it and this dropped to 290)
Accumulator outlet temp - 96° F

1500 RPM
Low pressure - 40PSI
High pressure - 260PSI

2000 RPM
Low pressure - 32.5PSI
High Pressure - 250PSI

Idle again
Low pressure - 70PSI
High pressure - 290PSI
Accumulator Outlet temp - 97°

This is all sitting in the sun at 102°F (IR gun in the shade shows closer to 107) ambient and ~20% RH.

Based off this, am I overcharged?

EDIT: Going to go out and pull the grill to also measure subcooling. At idle I'm at ~20F superheat, need to go check subcooling.

Edit #2 found another of @L31MaxExpress posts talking about subcooling being what it is for our applications. At the same idle pressures above I'm at 150° F which is about a 10° subcool.

Last edited:

chevman_88

Reaction score
Bumpity bump bump.

Going to use a brick or something to hold the throttle at 1500 and 2k rpms today to check values with the Accumulator outlet temp. I added another 12oz of R152a yesterday, but the coolest it got was 59F and then started warming back up. Part of this could be that my turbo sits right in front of it and gets a little toasty heating up the area and the probe.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bumpity bump bump.

Going to use a brick or something to hold the throttle at 1500 and 2k rpms today to check values with the Accumulator outlet temp. I added another 12oz of R152a yesterday, but the coolest it got was 59F and then started warming back up. Part of this could be that my turbo sits right in front of it and gets a little toasty heating up the area and the probe.
I run on r134-59 oz (should be 64) in Tahoe-when I did lower amount it wasn't great, so 60% or 40oz may be an issue here. I think you might have created yourself an issue by going for r152-it's not a criticism-just an observation.
Did you use dye?

chevman_88

Reaction score
No dye, but leaks have been easy to spot so far. It held 100psi for several hours and then full vacuum for another few hours after that.

Those that have run it have had pretty good luck. Just think there's something I'm overlooking or something is defective like the orifice or TXV. Stepped away from it today to focus on other needed projects, plus my adapters are now leaking.