LED Gauge Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2smokey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey 97bowtie1106 those bulbs look awesome.are they a certain brand or something?i changed mine you can see them up top but then i changed the to a white face gauge and messed them up because you can see everything threw it lol.i want to get some led neddles

2smokey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
here some new pictures i changed every single bulb in the hole truck it took awhile but every place i found a bulb i changed.probably atleast 50 bulbs lol.
You must be registered for see images attach

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I read through the first dozen pages or so of this thread, I cannot find a link on a LED swap for the 92-94 gauge clusters anywhere! Can anybody point me in the right direction?

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
hey 97bowtie1106 those bulbs look awesome.are they a certain brand or something?i changed mine you can see them up top but then i changed the to a white face gauge and messed them up because you can see everything threw it lol.i want to get some led neddles

Thanks...they are the WLEDx-x from superbrightleds.com

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read through the first dozen pages or so of this thread, I cannot find a link on a LED swap for the 92-94 gauge clusters anywhere! Can anybody point me in the right direction?

I'm not ripping apart my 92 to find out what they are lol. Send me your's, or measure the dimensions of the bulb(length and width of bulb, also width of part that goes into socket; in millimeters), and I will find whatcha need. That or I can get my lazy butt up to carquest and have a looksy thru their stuff.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
here some new pictures i changed every single bulb in the hole truck it took awhile but every place i found a bulb i changed.probably atleast 50 bulbs lol.

looks good, i have blue in mine right now but im thinking about going white, SUPA CLEAN

97chevy13

Reaction score
Hey i just did this too my truck and all went well except for one thing. . my gas needle is off and won't move. Anyone no how to reset it?

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score

I did it in my '92. If i remember right, you need 7 wedge-shaped LEDs. Take the dash bezel off (4 torx screws), then you have to get the stock radio off (if you still have it) and there are 4 screws surrounding the gauge cluster, dont remember what kind they were, either hex screws or torx. Remove those, then you can pull the gauge cluster out, but there will be a tether for the gear indicator, you can disconnect it, but it is a ***** to get back on.

DONT FORGET to buy twist-locks! The 88'-94' trucks have the bulbs soldered into them. Superbright has them cheap. You can get basically any bulb of your choice as long as it is wedge-shaped for instrument clusters and its not a damn pcb board or anything crazy lmao