LED Gauge Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^Haha, well, when I get home I will tear one of my switches apart and tell you what needs done....most my trucks are fully manual interiors, no power anything....which translates into no power accessories going out :crazy:

Nvr2Low

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^Haha, well, when I get home I will tear one of my switches apart and tell you what needs done....most my trucks are fully manual interiors, no power anything....which translates into no power accessories going out :crazy:

I've seen several trucks that have the panels with visible switches, and I think it would look so much better done that way. Thanks man

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
Actually, SuperBrightLEDs.com's NEO4 bulb fits the 95+ headlight switch. The passenger side door switches also take a NEO4 bulb, while the driver side door switches take both a NEO4 and NEO3-HP bulb (the regular NEO3 bulb is too tall to fit).

nvr2low , heres the bulbs you will need ,I think your own on how to get in there and change them

Last edited:

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
need a little input here, I just put my denali cluster in and put cool white LEDs in my gauges, hvac, and headlight switch. I knew the cluster would be a slightly different shade but I didnt think it would be this bad. Its much more of a blue than the hvac (not as blue as the blue LEDs so I know they arent the blue lights) Any way to bring them closer the hvac color? I could put blue in the hvac but I had blue in the crew cab and want something different in this one.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
need a little input here, I just put my denali cluster in and put cool white LEDs in my gauges, hvac, and headlight switch. I knew the cluster would be a slightly different shade but I didnt think it would be this bad. Its much more of a blue than the hvac (not as blue as the blue LEDs so I know they arent the blue lights) Any way to bring them closer the hvac color? I could put blue in the hvac but I had blue in the crew cab and want something different in this one.

I'm basically going through the exact same problem except the thing is I ordered HYPER WHITE all around for everything right? Well, the cluster of course came out a light blue which I was expecting but I put them in the HVAC and it came out like a darker blue and this was during the middle of the day and I could clearly see the HVAC was much darker blue than the cluster...I only had 1 HVAC bulb to test I dunno what happened to the rest so I ordered 3 more from my guy to finish the HVAC so I put regular bulbs back in the HVAC till the others get here but I thought that was weird that these bulbs (they look like a 6k HID type white) came out so blue in the HVAC...and I mean I even tested them before hand here is a pic of me testing the 1 HVAC bulb I got! Of course the camera makes it look alot bluer than it really is
You must be registered for see images attach

Thoughts?

Also guys, I want to do my headlight switch ASAP please tell me it takes a 194 I have plenty of those lying around and also how exactly do you get to the bulb in there? I've never looked at it or tried...THANKS!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You know know that I think about my HVAC appearing so much more blue...I only had the 1 bulb in there and I put it on the far left of the HVAC which is the COLD mark for the A/C controls so maybe it looked so much more BLUE because it was literally in the BLUE....:hmm: No but I also remember seeing the LO was clearly lit up blue too so I dunno!!! I have the worst luck with LEDz anyway these are going in no matter if they're fcking purple

My thought about it was just to order the BLUE ledz that way the blue tint in the cluster wouldn't really affect anything but I could be wrong.

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
I went out and took a pic but it looks like they match in the pic haha. The headlight switch bulb isnt a 194, its a NEO4 and its just twisted into the bottom of the headlight switch.

You must be registered for see images attach

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damnit! Now that's another bulb I have to order since NOONE sells freaking LED bulbs except online..So Is it just a twist lock in the bottom or?

Btw your whole interior dash light setup looks flipping amazing. Can't wait to paint my needles and get the HVAC and headlight switch DONE!

Is there any special TYPE of white paint I should use that will carry the light through them better? Or just regular old white will do right?

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The hvac front panel has to have some sort of tint in it, because I jokingly thru a set of those bright pink LEDs in and it glows a violet-purple. So there's definitely a bit of blue tint inside; blue+red=purple, so blue & pink will equal a lighter shade of purple.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gotcha I wonder if it's the same shade of tint that's inside the cluster :hmm: and also it's weird that it doesn't affect stock yellowish style bulbs? :think: