LED Gauge Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it uses the same style twistlocks as the 95+, then the ones on superbright won't fit. They're not made for our trucks.

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
Okay, I tried to order these a few months back and wound up with the wrong type of bulbs. Let me go ahead and double check with you guys before I order. If you see anything that doesn't work, or know of something that would work better please chime it. I got all the numbers by creeping on several threads.

Part/ LED type/ Quantity
Headlight switch/ NEOx-x/ (1)
Cabin light/ 4410-x9 festoon/ (1)
HVAC/ T1.5-x/ (4)
Gauges/ WLED-x5/ (6)
License plate/ WLED-xhp5/ (2)
4x4 floor shifter/ WLEDx-x/ (2)
Courtesy lights/ WLED-x6/ (2)

If everything up there will fit, I have a few questions.
First, will the x5's work good for the gauges, or do I need to get something bright?
Second, what is a good angle to get for the license plate bulbs, the 4x4 shifter bulbs, and the HVAC bulbs?

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, the 4x4 shifter is like the hvac in that the bulbs point towards the backside of the panel, whereas the license plate lights are more like the headlight switch in that they point parallel to the panel, so they need to have side vision. If the license plate light lenses are new or nice and clear and not fogged over, the standard glass LED will be bright enough.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay, I tried to order these a few months back and wound up with the wrong type of bulbs. Let me go ahead and double check with you guys before I order. If you see anything that doesn't work, or know of something that would work better please chime it. I got all the numbers by creeping on several threads.

Part/ LED type/ Quantity
Headlight switch/ NEOx-x/ (1)
Cabin light/ 4410-x9 festoon/ (1)
HVAC/ T1.5-x/ (4)
Gauges/ WLED-x5/ (6)
License plate/ WLED-xhp5/ (2)
4x4 floor shifter/ WLEDx-x/ (2)
Courtesy lights/ WLED-x6/ (2)

If everything up there will fit, I have a few questions.
First, will the x5's work good for the gauges, or do I need to get something bright?
Second, what is a good angle to get for the license plate bulbs, the 4x4 shifter bulbs, and the HVAC bulbs?
I used the WLEDx-x in my Escalade cluster and it's just right for me. Any brighter and it would be bordering in too bright. I used the regular strength T1.5 in the HVAC also.

I was about to order my courtesy lights from super bright as well until Mean Green told me to consider the eBay LEDS. So I ordered a bunch of LEDs for the festoon and the other courtesy lights from eBay. They should all be on their way. I can't comment on the quality yet but they sure were a LOT cheaper... like over 50%. I made sure to order the ones with the big square 5050 LED chips...

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
Well, I ordered the LEDs just now. Here is all I got

NEOx-x: NEOx LED Instrument bulb-NEO4-B: 4mm NEO4-x Blue
4410-x9: 9 LED Festoon bulb-4410-CW9: Cool White
T1.5-x: 5mm LED Instrument Twist Lock Lamp-T1.5-B: Blue
WLED-x5: 5 LED T10 Wide Angle Wedge Base Bulb-WLED-B5: Blue
WLED-x5: 5 LED T10 Wide Angle Wedge Base Bulb-WLED-CW5: Cool White
WLED-x6: 6 LED T10 Wedge Base Bulb-WLED-CW6: Cool White
WLED-x-x: 1 LED T10 Wedge Base Bulb-WLED-B-120: Blue 120 Degree
WLED-x-x: 1 LED T10 Wedge Base Bulb-WLED-R-120: Red 120 Degree
_________
I hope the x5's aren't too bright for my cluster!

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I ordered the LEDs just now. Here is all I got

NEOx-x: NEOx LED Instrument bulb-NEO4-B: 4mm NEO4-x Blue
4410-x9: 9 LED Festoon bulb-4410-CW9: Cool White
T1.5-x: 5mm LED Instrument Twist Lock Lamp-T1.5-B: Blue
WLED-x5: 5 LED T10 Wide Angle Wedge Base Bulb-WLED-B5: Blue
WLED-x5: 5 LED T10 Wide Angle Wedge Base Bulb-WLED-CW5: Cool White
WLED-x6: 6 LED T10 Wedge Base Bulb-WLED-CW6: Cool White
WLED-x-x: 1 LED T10 Wedge Base Bulb-WLED-B-120: Blue 120 Degree
WLED-x-x: 1 LED T10 Wedge Base Bulb-WLED-R-120: Red 120 Degree
_________
I hope the x5's aren't too bright for my cluster!

If they are I'm sure you can find some use for them and then order different ones. You might be fine as several people in this thread have been using them or even the high powered x5 version. I think a lot of it is personal preference.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If they are I'm sure you can find some use for them and then order different ones. You might be fine as several people in this thread have been using them or even the high powered x5 version. I think a lot of it is personal preference.

Agreed. Personally, the x5s aren't enough for me. The HP5s are perfect.