LED Gauge Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigdaveberg

Reaction score
A lot of reading and I got to be at work in 10 mins. Which bulbs for a 93 sierra cluster? and do i need to order twist locks? Also how about the HVAC?(Stock radio disconnected and after market in tape deck spot).

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
Any body know what kind of bulbs the little orange lights in the center of the AC and air circulate buttons are? I would like to get LEDS for them also.

Got my lights in!
You must be registered for see images attach

Dome light:

Taillight:

HVAC:

Headlight switch:

Gauges: (Much bluer in reality)

4x4 OFF:

4x4 ON:

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang, what a glare on the 4x4-on switch, is it really that bright or did the camera pick up too much glare? Also, what type bulb did you use in there? It'll help me get a grip on how bright or dim to go with that specific panel.

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
Dang, what a glare on the 4x4-on switch, is it really that bright or did the camera pick up too much glare? Also, what type bulb did you use in there? It'll help me get a grip on how bright or dim to go with that specific panel.

It is just the camera. There are a few bright spots in the 4x4 but nothing that bad. Those are just the plain WLEDx-x bulbs. I think I am going to order X5's and put them in the 4x4 shifter and a NEOx4 HP for the headlight switch just so its all uniform brightness.

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
I tried to swap out the twist locks, and the bulbs are not the same. The twist lock for the small AC light is smaller, and the bulb is just slightly narrower. The t1.5 bulbs can be forced into the smaller twist lock, but it causes it to bulge and no longer fit into the back of the HVAC.

Z Fury

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just tried swapping in the WLED-NW5 (194) bulbs into my cluster and it is not working. The old bulbs are damn near impossible to remove from the twist lock. I managed to separate one and get the LED inserted into the twist lock, but it will not light up. Any advice?

EDIT - Nevermind...

The twist locks are the socket that the bulb goes in. Some original bulbs were removable from the socket, those don't need twist-locks. Others have bulbs and sockets that are a single unit and those would require twist locks. If your bulbs are labeled PC168 and PC194 you will need the twist locks. It's very easy to pull the cluster. The front of the dash pulls off. Then you disconnect the connectors from the switches on the back side. The cluster is held in with 4 7mm screws. Once you take them out the cluster comes right out. Make sure you pull the dual cupholder open and put the steering wheel down before you take the panel off. Just work around the edge and pull the panel off gently.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tried to swap out the twist locks, and the bulbs are not the same. The twist lock for the small AC light is smaller, and the bulb is just slightly narrower. The t1.5 bulbs can be forced into the smaller twist lock, but it causes it to bulge and no longer fit into the back of the HVAC.

Dunno, then. I swapped them out on a '99 Yukon I had, but that was several years ago, though I do know that they were the same as the 4 main illumination bulbs in the HVAC. I didn't bother with my Suburban.

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
Dunno, then. I swapped them out on a '99 Yukon I had, but that was several years ago, though I do know that they were the same as the 4 main illumination bulbs in the HVAC. I didn't bother with my Suburban.
I think the blue/orange contrast would look pretty snazzy. If I could find the part # of the stock bulb I would be content. I went to Advanced Auto today and they weren't much help lol. I will try to take the LEDs out of the twist locks and put them in here in a few...