LED Gauge Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Cool. Probably pretty rare. Any idea if the Canadian version of the police tahoe is the same? MPH & KMH both marked on these as per the stock/normal/average version?

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They're pretty rare, but they're not a direct plug-n-play swap like the Escalade clusters. They require a little bit of wiring to work.

Can't tell you anything about Canadian versions. :dunno:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
They're pretty rare, but they're not a direct plug-n-play swap like the Escalade clusters. They require a little bit of wiring to work.

Can't tell you anything about Canadian versions. :dunno:

Who says that I HAVE to have a Canadian version? Wink.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well i just orderd $75 worth of LED lights for my truck hope they will be here by friday!!!

WLED-xHP5: LED T10 Wedge Base Bulb <----- 6
Options: WLED-BHP5: Blue

74-x: Wedge Base LED bulb <------ 6
Options: 74-B: Blue

WLED-x6: 6 LED T10 Wedge Base Bulb
Options: WLED-CW6: Cool White <------ 4

4410-x9: 9 LED Festoon bulb
Options: 4410-CW9: Cool White <---- 1

Hmmm, if people are paying $75 for these....looks like I need to talk my nephew into making some more resistive LEDs then sell them. I got him to make enough to do dash, hvac, license plate lights, underdash, cabin, etc for like $23 total in parts. :crazy: Just had to fit them to the stock bulb bases is all.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MOBS, have you seen the EL lighted gauge overlays? Would be awesome if they came in different styles and colors but ive only seen ONE for the 88-94 trucks, that lights up with flames at night. Looks kinda
:rice:

EDIT: Like these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-0...Q5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3723wt_1161

I've seen them, but I can't say it's been too recent....I'll do some digging and see what I can find out.

Well, I didn't find the exact overlay for the 94 and before....BUT, they have ones that come with new gauges, wiring, control box and changer to change the design. Looks like it does 6 different colors, or shades of a color....not sure. The seller is optionracing on ebay, have a look at some of his stuff. Some are ricey....while some are pretty cool.

Last edited:

Playare

Enter Custom User Title:
Reaction score
I could not get the airbag and cargo lamp things off. I just squeezed the cluster out between the bezel lol.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Well, you asked... :lol:

Only because any vehicles sold new or imported to Canada has to meet Canadian specs. Metric speedos & DRL's are mandatory. Vehicles also have to have cats, but only the coast has sniffer tests ('Aircare'). These are required after a certain year of production.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only because any vehicles sold new or imported to Canada has to meet Canadian specs. Metric speedos & DRL's are mandatory. Vehicles also have to have cats, but only the coast has sniffer tests ('Aircare'). These are required after a certain year of production.

Well, I'm pretty sure that the police cluster has MPH with the small KMH markings just like any other US-spec truck, but I don't know if they ever made them with KMH being the primary.