LED Gauge Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ha thanks fellas this is my contribution to the forums see. Everything I get can't just work like normal so my WTF threads teach everyone else what not to do :D Thanks alot for that site Tloud. I plan on going tomorrow and getting a whole HVAC. If it's not that I'll take an axe to the truck and jump it off a cliff.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ah ***** weak! thats too bad man i tried searching ebay for you to but came up empty :( But yea before you jump er off a cliff just drop it off at my place id be happy to take it off your hands with hvac controls or not :naughty:

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welp guys no junkyards had them but interestingly enough I ended up finding a guy parting out a 95 tahoe that had one. Went to his house today and picked it up for $50. The interesting part is this one is a 95 and has the rear defrost button (which I don't need) It also has other style bulbs, the t1.5 not 74 like my original one...However, it looked completely different but the plugs were the same. It plugged right up and all the lights work. I was also having an issue with my stock HVAC after charging the ac that the ac would only blow onto the windshield regardless of where I had it set. With this new one it has fixed that issue as well and now it will blow right wherever I choose it to. Simply awesome, couldn't be more happy that it works. Now to just get the cluster lights working. The cluster itself works fine. The seatbelt, check engine and emergency brake lights all come on as well but it just won't light up. I'm thinking a new set of twistlocks (another $20) will fix it. I really want to put LED's in there bad but I'm too afraid to at this point...Kinda sucks, but atleast I have the LED's in everything else and they work fine.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so does anyone have any suggestions lately for the cluster bulbs

i used some from superbrightleds last time and i dont remember what ones i have but most of them have quit working so im looking to get some new ones

as long as they work and look good i dont have any problem ordering from anywhere

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
from what ive heard from you that they have kinda been a fail

any other suggestions....i also need some for leds for my reverse lights also

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If my fingers were steady enough I could probably make some....but those resistors are tiny!!! Hey southernpride, take a 12-volt battery charger, clamp a nail/screw in each clamp then touch the 2 contacts on one of your led's and see if they fizzle/pop or if they light up ok...if they light up, then check them with led's stuck in the twist-locks and touch the little copper tabs on the twist-locks and that's a possible way of checking the twist-locks.

Squeaky, I'll call my supplier tomorrow and see if he has or can get any led reverse bulbs. If so, I'll order a pair and check them out and report to ya if they're brighter than the stock bulbs....I'm near blind so I need as much back-up light as I can get! lol