LED Gauge Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You could but I'm sure there's a reason why noone does this. The color would likely collide and make another color at the edges but who knows, try it out and take pics I'd be interested in seeing that.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also MOBS if you see this I am thinking it is a broken circuit. I don't know much about electrical stuff but that makes the most sense to me. I don't see how it could be power or ground because none of the wires have been tampered with. I think that the entire little 4 bulb harness blew and that's what's causing the broken circuit but I have to have my buddy test all of this stuff out. Real PITA.

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You could but I'm sure there's a reason why noone does this. The color would likely collide and make another color at the edges but who knows, try it out and take pics I'd be interested in seeing that.

yea i am thinkin they would blend where i don.t want them to. but i might just try it out and see

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
go red, white and blue....if anything you'll be considered patriotic even IF it doesn't turn out right, lol.

Also, what I do when checking for bulb numbers and such, is I lookup everything on www.rockauto.com and usually the first(cheapest) part brand will be the generic part number for the bulb.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
MOBS if you see this I am thinking it is a broken circuit. I don't know much about electrical stuff but that makes the most sense to me. I don't see how it could be power or ground because none of the wires have been tampered with. I think that the entire little 4 bulb harness blew and that's what's causing the broken circuit but I have to have my buddy test all of this stuff out. Real PITA.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw it....and for some reason I feel like saying "Deja Vu" lol :D

If it burnt the cluster, then another working cluster should work, unless when it burnt it instead shorted causing something in your harness to go "poof".

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I already tried a new cluster (well not new but a good one) no worky. SO I'm thinking It HAS to be the harness. Can I just buy another harness @ autozone? Or is this a junk yard type deal? Let me know what you think. I'm not sure exactly what the harness is though. Is it the circuit board behind the HVAC controls, the string of 4 hvac lights, or something completely different? Sorry to keep bothering you with questions just wanna get the right thing! Thanks bud

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hehe no prob buddy....the harness is your wiring harness(that big bunch of wires bundled together with electrical tape that runs to everything in your dash)....the harness would most likely be a junkyard item, but I would NOT suggest changing it out, it almost requires dismantling the majority of your truck. It'd be best to trace down the fault.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Southern Pride this might sound stupid to say especially cause i didnt read every previous post but im assuming you checked the fuses. I think there are actually two.. the one in the cab on the side of the dash and then I'm pretty sure the gauges are linked with the radio fuse in the fuse box under the hood. I would assume one of these would at least blow before something in the actual wire harness would burn up..

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hehe no prob buddy....the harness is your wiring harness(that big bunch of wires bundled together with electrical tape that runs to everything in your dash)....the harness would most likely be a junkyard item, but I would NOT suggest changing it out, it almost requires dismantling the majority of your truck. It'd be best to trace down the fault.
Okay yeah F that! But I asked a mechanic friend and he said to try replacing that circuit board directly behind the HVAC controls. It has to be something within that somewhere or the actual 4 string of lights themselves but how do I even go about starting to replacing that circuit board back there??

Southern Pride this might sound stupid to say especially cause i didnt read every previous post but im assuming you checked the fuses. I think there are actually two.. the one in the cab on the side of the dash and then I'm pretty sure the gauges are linked with the radio fuse in the fuse box under the hood. I would assume one of these would at least blow before something in the actual wire harness would burn up..
Yeah we checked all the fuses in the door and under the hood with a test light, they all work. Also, the radio works so if the it's linked to the gauges then it shouldn't be working but it is....Man I hate wiring and I just want my dang lights back! I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the string of four lights that light the HVAC controls. It's either that series of lights/wiring or something with the circuit board directly behind the HVAC. Only problem is I don't know **** and wouldn't even know about how to diagnose this.