just got some chrome valve covers, now what to put in the holes in them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Way it should be...

You must be registered for see images attach

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
eh not too bad looking. Had another guy say he had oil come out the dipstick at high rpms with the breather cap in one side and pcv in the other, said he added the tube back to the air cleaner and fixed it. I just find it weird how some ppl have issues like that, I don't see it happening. Not to mention it looks alot cleaner without an air tube coming off the valve cover.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
lol I think I heard blow by is what causes that and not having enough breathing causes more blow by. We had ours setup forever though pcv in one and breather in the other of the old 350 that's in dad's truck. If anything it should have issues now since it has 2 pcv caps, one is just open but the other is hooked up to the port. Seems like it wouldn't have any good breathing now. I think I may rob one of his, then put a reg. breather in his and mine.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
lol I think I heard blow by is what causes that and not having enough breathing causes more blow by. We had ours setup forever though pcv in one and breather in the other of the old 350 that's in dad's truck. If anything it should have issues now since it has 2 pcv caps, one is just open but the other is hooked up to the port. Seems like it wouldn't have any good breathing now. I think I may rob one of his, then put a reg. breather in his and mine.

well my first engine did have 400,000 on the short block, probably had blowby.

i think you should use a regular PCV, i dont trust those PCV/Breather things.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well it's always an option, and if I buy the pcv breather cap thing I can switch it out for reg. pcv I already got, or use the chrome one.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it's gonna be a few weeks or so before I order my stuff. Probably be round feb. or so.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yessir it was on the first page. I bought mine from here...

http://www.streetsideauto.com/p/spectre-valve-cover-set-5260/

wow they raised the price too. I paid $35.98 for mine, and now they are higher. I was going to say also they had or have free shipping on orders over $50, not sure on Canada though, and I found a 10 percent discount code online too. I can pm ya that one if ya want. I don't care to post for everyone but worried it might screw it up, maybe they'll disable it or something. I ordered a 14 inch mr. gasket air cleaner assembly chrome PS dipstick and the valve covers, got it all with the code for like $57. My next round is about the same, $53 from amazon. Gonna order a MC cover, bolts for the VC's, breather, pcv, oil fill cap, air cleaner nut, radiator cap, FP block off plate(and see if my block is drilled fully for mech pump), was gonna order a shift knob, but since I gotta get grommets and breathers it'll wait til later.

I was considering this..

http://www.amazon.com/Spectre-5428-..._1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1294353616&sr=1-1

but it costs more that way, compared to me buying stuff seperately.

I was also looking at the caps, would save time and money, they go over your stockers so they'd use nothing extra, like breathers and grommets lol.

http://www.amazon.com/1987-UP-Chevy..._3?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1294353616&sr=1-3

summit has some chrome ones the actual covers, they want about $42 for them too.