Free to me GMC 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Take a peek behind the bed liner, your stake pockets have these very useful holes that ratchet strap hook can fit into.

You must be registered for see images attach

Also is that the H2 diff cover pictured a few posts ago?

It’s an after market cover, can’t remember who’s might be a ruff stuff cover but it could be someone else’s too. Had my powder guy hit it with my personal favorite powder I came up with. We call it diamond dust and it essentially looks like silver glitter flake like on a bass boat. I like shiny.

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ended up pulling the dumb plastic liner, I really dislike those things. Then I stalled 8 of these pretty nice tiedowns with through bolts and large stainless fender washers on each side to prevent pulling through the sheet metal. I should be able to strap down whatever I want now, gonna test it with the Jon boat tomorrow.

Went to my local dump to ditch the plastic bed liner and they denied me! They said no more car parts which this is hardly a car part it’s just plastic. Oh well I guess it’s sawzaw time.

Attachments

• IMG_3438.jpeg
    IMG_3438.jpeg
    279 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3440.jpeg
    IMG_3440.jpeg
    262.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3435.jpeg
    IMG_3435.jpeg
    412.3 KB · Views: 7

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I ended up pulling the dumb plastic liner, I really dislike those things. Then I stalled 8 of these pretty nice tiedowns with through bolts and large stainless fender washers on each side to prevent pulling through the sheet metal. I should be able to strap down whatever I want now, gonna test it with the Jon boat tomorrow.

Went to my local dump to ditch the plastic bed liner and they denied me! They said no more car parts which this is hardly a car part it’s just plastic. Oh well I guess it’s sawzaw time.

Getting rid of the plastic liner is a mistake, in my opinion. It protects the bed from getting dented up. If you really don't want it, why not sell it on marketplace?

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Getting rid of the plastic liner is a mistake, in my opinion. It protects the bed from getting dented up. If you really don't want it, why not sell it on marketplace?
Too late I chopped it into 20 pieces and jammed it in my trash can. It was in pretty bad shape, and yes I agree they do a great job protecting the bed, but I’m not an animal and don’t use the beds of my trucks in a rough fashion. I’ll never haul rock or scrap in it. Also the plan is to have it Bed lined in the next year or two.

Kinda funny I was trying to think how I got rid of the liner in my 2005 Silverado. Then I remembered it took flight on interstate 30 when I lived in Dallas. No idea what had been holding in into the end for the few years I had owned the truck but that day when doing 80mph+ in the express lane it left the chat. I remember seeing it in my way home that day stuck in the median and then never saw it again. Still feel bad, but there’s no way in hell I’d stop on that road in Dallas without dying.

Keeper

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have lots of uses. They make lightweight but sturdy covers in lieu of a tarp (logsplitters, etc) and also make great sleds to drag behind trucks/tractors for moving heavy/bulky stuff.... modern day rock sleds sotospeak (boulders, firewood, stumps, etc).

Last edited:

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
taking this truck on its maiden “off road” voyage tomorrow. Yes it’s done plenty of dirt roading, but I have a remote lake in mind with no boat ramp. I scouted the area last week in my ranger and noticed a beautiful sandy beach across the lake, but absolutely no access to it from land. Unless you walked a mile through extremely dense shrub of course.

So the plan is to back the truck down the muddy bank and launch the boat in the weeds then putt across the lake with the wife, dog, some fishing gear, and lunch. Won’t be hitting any crazy trails unless they are wetter than last week which means possibly a lot of mud. The bank could be very soft tho, will be a good test of the Mts and locker, which kicks butt!

Also had noticed a misfire earlier this week and solved that by pushing a loose spark plug wire on all the way. Another will for SBC simplicity.

Attachments

• IMG_3449.jpeg
    IMG_3449.jpeg
    336.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3447.jpeg
    IMG_3447.jpeg
    292 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3326.png
    IMG_3326.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3283.jpeg
    IMG_3283.jpeg
    336.9 KB · Views: 9

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They have lots of uses. They make lightweight but sturdy covers in lieu of a tarp (logsplitters, etc) and also make great sleds to drag behind trucks/tractors for moving heavy/bulky stuff.... modern day rock sleds sotospeak (boulders, firewood, stumps, etc).
Good sled. I hated mine, ditched the one in my red truck, ditched the ones for my crew too

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good sled. I hated mine, ditched the one in my red truck, ditched the ones for my crew too

Not a bad way to use them! I hate how cheap they look, how there’s no way to have tie downs without cutting holes in them, and more importantly……… You can’t weld them, in metal I trust.

Nice looking red truck btw! Makes me want to reconsider tow mirrors

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not a bad way to use them! I hate how cheap they look, how there’s no way to have tie downs without cutting holes in them, and more importantly……… You can’t weld them, in metal I trust.

Nice looking red truck btw! Makes me want to reconsider tow mirrors
I love the tow mirrors, I don't think I'll have another GMT400 without them to he honest.

My only gripe is I shelled out quite a bit of money for the mirrors on my red truck because they were prewired for dual function lights (which I love) but at the end of the day they're still knockoff mirrors so the glass vibrates some. I remedied it slightly by sticking wheel weights on the back of the glass but I really need to redo it at some point.