Free to me GMC 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool setup on that ranger! Huge mess with that Toyota, yup I’m a GM guy lol!
Thanks I love that ranger, it’s an absolute blast off road! Toyota is done finally, had just one small hiccup in his way home which was that the fuel line popped off the rail. I remember installing it and it makes three clicks before it’s fully seated, I probably stopped at one. Not a big deal seeing as we removed basically every single part of that motor uhhggg.

I’m happy to have my truck back tho!

Attachments

• IMG_3379.jpeg
    IMG_3379.jpeg
    431.2 KB · Views: 8

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Harbor Freight has some cheap removable ones that go in the stake pockets. I have them on WCJr and they don't suck. They are chrome, so they develop rust if you don't polish them often. I might hit mine with some black paint.

You must be registered for see images attach

I always find I need tiedowns much lower like actually attached on the floor of the bed. It usually gives more downforce pull with the strap. But I think those might work perfect for strapping my jon boat to the bed so I’ll have to stop by HF and grab a set!

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I think it’s possible the transfercase is what’s making the noise I’m hearing. It’s speed dependent not rpm, and gets loud as speed increases never finding a harmonic balance where it’s worse or less which leads me to believe it’s not some sort of balancing or tire issue. I’ll probably look for a case I can have rebuilt so I can minimize truck downtime and have a spare for later in its life. Anyone ever rebuild a 243c themself?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I think it’s possible the transfercase is what’s making the noise I’m hearing. It’s speed dependent not rpm, and gets loud as speed increases never finding a harmonic balance where it’s worse or less which leads me to believe it’s not some sort of balancing or tire issue. I’ll probably look for a case I can have rebuilt so I can minimize truck downtime and have a spare for later in its life. Anyone ever rebuild a 243c themself?
@xXxPARAGONxXx …I think.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I always find I need tiedowns much lower like actually attached on the floor of the bed. It usually gives more downforce pull with the strap. But I think those might work perfect for strapping my jon boat to the bed so I’ll have to stop by HF and grab a set!
I mounted a set of generic d-rings in the bed of my K2500, I'll snap some pics later but they're honestly one of my favorite things I've done to that truck. My only gripe is I had to use self-tappers for a couple of them whereas now I'm going to redo them with nutserts.