Free to me GMC 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love the tow mirrors, I don't think I'll have another GMT400 without them to he honest.
You must be registered for see images attach

My only gripe is I shelled out quite a bit of money for the mirrors on my red truck because they were prewired for dual function lights (which I love) but at the end of the day they're still knockoff mirrors so the glass vibrates some. I remedied it slightly by sticking wheel weights on the back of the glass but I really need to redo it at some point.

I just added little stick on convex blind spot mirrors on mine, they definitely help the very lacking stock small mirrors. What brand did you go with for the tow’s? I’m not sure I care about lighted but I definitely want power adjust

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just added little stick on convex blind spot mirrors on mine, they definitely help the very lacking stock small mirrors. What brand did you go with for the tow’s? I’m not sure I care about lighted but I definitely want power adjust
The mirrors on my red truck are Boost Auto and the mirrors on the green crew cab are just the highest rated Ebay specials. The ebay specials don't shake around as much as the Boost Auto ones

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The mirrors on my red truck are Boost Auto and the mirrors on the green crew cab are just the highest rated Ebay specials. The ebay specials don't shake around as much as the Boost Auto ones

Darn I was hoping you’d say the opposite, those boost autos are supposed to be nice iirc.

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What an awesome day! The mission to reach the isolated beach was a major success, the launch spot wasn’t as bad as expected so I didn’t need 4x4 there, but I did use it in a few other wet holes on the trail home. The truck rode surprisingly well when aired down to 17-18 psi, and the wife nor dog complained about it one bit.

Also happened to have seen a very large rattle snake on the ride out.

Attachments

• IMG_3482.jpeg
    IMG_3482.jpeg
    408.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3475.jpeg
    IMG_3475.jpeg
    385.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3470.jpeg
    IMG_3470.jpeg
    301.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3459.jpeg
    IMG_3459.jpeg
    297 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3453.jpeg
    IMG_3453.jpeg
    443.3 KB · Views: 9

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Darn I was hoping you’d say the opposite, those boost autos are supposed to be nice iirc.
They're decent, but at the end of the day it's still a crapshoot with these mirrors.
Personally, I won't go back to anything else since the design of the mirror is so much better than any other tows for an OBS.
I've been debating "rebuilding" the mirrors by swapping to the bigger glass bases to eliminate the shake though, but these mirrors have also been on the truck for the last 30K miles (give or take) so I can somewhat justify that course.

Boost Auto has been around for some time now too, so I'm sure they've pretty well got their mirror assembly down to a science. The company was probably only about a year or two old when I ordered mine and installed them on my truck.

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They're decent, but at the end of the day it's still a crapshoot with these mirrors.
Personally, I won't go back to anything else since the design of the mirror is so much better than any other tows for an OBS.
I've been debating "rebuilding" the mirrors by swapping to the bigger glass bases to eliminate the shake though, but these mirrors have also been on the truck for the last 30K miles (give or take) so I can somewhat justify that course.

Boost Auto has been around for some time now too, so I'm sure they've pretty well got their mirror assembly down to a science. The company was probably only about a year or two old when I ordered mine and installed them on my truck.

I’d hate to pull apart something I just bought to fix it. I’ve had a cheap super shakey mirror in the past it annoyed the crap out of me! Tow mirrors will stay on the maybe list for now. Got a lot of other things it needs before appearance mods

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Picked up a 243c to rebuild and replace the one in the truck that I’m suspecting is making the noise I hear. I was considering doing the rebuild myself, but I have a good relationship with a local manual trans and transfercase shop which will be faster and easier then me learning a new skill.

Anyone know of any upgrades for these?

Attachments

• IMG_3507.jpeg
    IMG_3507.jpeg
    423.8 KB · Views: 3

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
why not swap to a 241c floor shift better imho not as good as the floor shift borgwarner that some of the 1 tons got but better none the less

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Picked up a 243c to rebuild and replace the one in the truck that I’m suspecting is making the noise I hear. I was considering doing the rebuild myself, but I have a good relationship with a local manual trans and transfercase shop which will be faster and easier then me learning a new skill.

Anyone know of any upgrades for these?

There's a snap ring eliminator kit you can buy for it. Make sure you have the 32 spline input for your 3/4 ton truck. If it came off a half ton it'll have a 27 spline input. Easy enough to change that and the bearing if you're gonna have someone go through it. I'm not sure if the outputs were the same or different.

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's a snap ring eliminator kit you can buy for it. Make sure you have the 32 spline input for your 3/4 ton truck. If it came off a half ton it'll have a 27 spline input. Easy enough to change that and the bearing if you're gonna have someone go through it. I'm not sure if the outputs were the same or different.

Oh boy I did not think about the 27vs32 spline input.

I don’t see a snap ring eliminator kit anywhere. Got a link?