Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Welp......it's been decided folks!!!!
Woman and I were just in the garage having a smoke, one of a million Everytime we watch a show. Seriously....a 1hr show becomes two very easily. Kids can't stand watching a movie with us!!!! Lol

Anyway....I asked her if she seen what the ass end of the truck looks like now. As she has come out a few times today while I was working on it. Everytime complaining about the smell and how she would have to smoke outside!!! Lol

So she said "ya, and I have questions, you said you didn't wanna paint it blue, but yet you did, why?"
I said I didn't wanna roll around like a farmer anymore until it's time to paint it.
That's when the "fun" started!!! (Inserts sarcasm)
That's when she dropped the "I'm actually really pissed that you wanna paint it black, it's been blue forever, all your memories are with it blue, all MY memories are with it blue" (we have been friends since grade 7) "we have 3 other black vehicles, this is the cruiser, nobody gives a **** about a black truck, this one stands out, I've never seen another one the same color, so I can get behind you painting it blue again, but not black. If you want me to go cruising with you, leave it f'n blue!!!"

So ya....I guess blue it is!!!! Lol
SWMBO.....

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like black trucks, but have to cast my chips with the "boss". That blue isn't one I commonly see.
Ya, after it's 19 years I know my place!!! Lol

I have literally seen one fleetside, last year.
And one stepside around 96/97, at a dealership. I rolled in with mine, seen what they were asking and drove out. Looked in my mirror and saw a couple of guys barrelling out the doors after me, then stop in their tracks when they realized theirs was still there!!! Lol
And ya, they were both ST's. These are a very rare color combo. Especially up in Canada.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Ya, after it's 19 years I know my place!!! Lol

I have literally seen one fleetside, last year.
And one stepside around 96/97, at a dealership. I rolled in with mine, seen what they were asking and drove out. Looked in my mirror and saw a couple of guys barrelling out the doors after me, then stop in their tracks when they realized theirs was still there!!! Lol
And ya, they were both ST's. These are a very rare color combo. Especially up in Canada.
I agree with the "boss" about the blue. Don't know how it is up in your area, but down here, I'm so sick of white, gray, and black vehicles.... it's like I'm in Pleasantville before the colors came alive....Gold and pewter at least are colors....

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree with the "boss" about the blue. Don't know how it is up in your area, but down here, I'm so sick of white, gray, and black vehicles.... it's like I'm in Pleasantville before the colors came alive....Gold and pewter at least are colors....
It seems like every other truck is black, lots of grey and white as well. But sooooooooo many of the "battleship" grey vehicle's as well.....yuck!
Definitely rolling in a Bahama blue and Quick Silver rig gets noticed!! Lol

Edit....no need for quotes around boss!!! Lol

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I agree black or white are the worst single color on there own they get dirty the easyest and black gets way too hot at least white stays cool frank'n truck was born white and if it ever gets a repaint it will be white again for the only reason that it will reject the most heat even though even though I think black by its self is boring I stand by that back/grey and or black/silver two with the red pinstipes on the square bodies is the best paint job gm ever put on a truck

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree black or white are the worst single color on there own they get dirty the easyest and black gets way too hot at least white stays cool frank'n truck was born white and if it ever gets a repaint it will be white again for the only reason that it will reject the most heat even though even though I think black by its self is boring I stand by that back/grey and or black/silver two with the red pinstipes on the square bodies is the best paint job gm ever put on a truck
One of my thoughts was black from the upper body line up, and a dark metallic charcoal grey below that.
I had a 2003 Ford Heritage edition in that combo, was friggin sharp! I loved it.

You must be registered for see images attach

This one live a few blocks away from me.
I love it!

svrh89

Reaction score
One of my thoughts was black from the upper body line up, and a dark metallic charcoal grey below that.
I had a 2003 Ford Heritage edition in that combo, was friggin sharp! I loved it.

You must be registered for see images attach

This one live a few blocks away from me.
I love it!
the two tone black/metallic grey is my favorite too and what I would of done to mine if I had more skill/time to do it right. I settled on what i could get done with low skill and in a reasonable time