Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
You could be a replacement for the Doseqies guy!!!!
You are a very interesting person!!! Lol
Those guitars are friggin amazing!!! Well done.
Even cooler you got to meet Jimmy!!!
And that's a sweet truck he had. Love the classic hot rod flames.
Actually I have known him for many years. We met at a swap meet in Belton, Texas, north of Austin, where he was shopping for parts for his Kustoms. The guy who built many of them was in a nearby town too, though I didn't know that then. I got to meet and be friends with him too, Gary Howard is his name. Both great and humble fellows!
Between Jimmie and a few of his friends in Austin, I got to meet a lot of people in the blues and music in general. Great folks, and most of them very humble about their talents. One of the best was a guy named Denny Freeman; the teal flamed Strat on charcoal gray metallic was the one I made for him. He could play anything with strings and blew a mean blues harmonica too. The Buddy Guy polka dot Strat is a replica of the one he played on Austin City Limits, and has 125 dots all over it. I had to redo that one about 4 times because I was having paint issues (even though both colors, clearcoat and primer were Duplicolor). That one went to Clifford Antone, his sister has it now.

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
Duplicolor is good stuff. I used it many years ago to paint these. They're carved out of acrylic plastic so model car paint will not stick as a basecoat. They're approximately 1/4 scale, and the only things on them I did not make are tiny screws for the strap buttons and the tuner posts. Even the strings are handwound .....
The light blue is a Mopar color, Island Teal Pearlcoat; I used to have a Dodge Intrepid that color. The truck is one Jimmie Vaughan used to have, that he hauled his show cars with. I built him a guitar to match. The flames on that one are enamel; I couldn't find a lacquer the right shade. Rod Powell painted the real truck, and a trailer to match.
wow those are great I guess we need to ad a great artiest to the list a long with totm winner toty winner a great mechanic member of the year everyones favorite member and our Queen (leader)

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You mean something like this!!! Lol
That was a factory color combo as well as the blue and a maroon version as well.
That has been discussed, and is definitely not off the table.
I do have a decent sized compressor, and am able to borrow a beast of a 2 stage if I want.
I don't have guns but available as well to borrow.
All in on this weekends project is around a hundred bucks. Worth it in my opinion to not have it looking so "projecty" lol

But it's been a learning experience getting used to doing bodywork again, sanding, Bondo etc.
Hmmm,maybe without the red stripe. Maybe a silver to black fade like Dodge did with the gold to black.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welp......it's been decided folks!!!!
Woman and I were just in the garage having a smoke, one of a million Everytime we watch a show. Seriously....a 1hr show becomes two very easily. Kids can't stand watching a movie with us!!!! Lol

Anyway....I asked her if she seen what the ass end of the truck looks like now. As she has come out a few times today while I was working on it. Everytime complaining about the smell and how she would have to smoke outside!!! Lol

So she said "ya, and I have questions, you said you didn't wanna paint it blue, but yet you did, why?"
I said I didn't wanna roll around like a farmer anymore until it's time to paint it.
That's when the "fun" started!!! (Inserts sarcasm)
That's when she dropped the "I'm actually really pissed that you wanna paint it black, it's been blue forever, all your memories are with it blue, all MY memories are with it blue" (we have been friends since grade 7) "we have 3 other black vehicles, this is the cruiser, nobody gives a **** about a black truck, this one stands out, I've never seen another one the same color, so I can get behind you painting it blue again, but not black. If you want me to go cruising with you, leave it f'n blue!!!"

So ya....I guess blue it is!!!! Lol